June-30 Nissan Mail

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Washington DC metro area people got the same email as most others on this thread:
" ..., thank you again for your continued commitment to driving a Nissan LEAF™. you have reserved your place in history and will be one of the first in your area to own one.

we are still finalizing some details of the order process, and we will be in touch later this summer with additional information on your order timing. rest assured, this will not impact your reservation status. we will continue to keep you updated with all developments as they occur.

No, juiced, same version.

We already know that the car doesn't carry over, but I think we're a bit foggy on the EVSE (though I can't imagine it being any different than the car). I do not need the credits for both car and EVSE this year, especially if neither can carry over.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be all that unhappy to get the EVSE and my PV system in this year and have the car not show up until after January 1.

If the car and the EVSE both come this year, it's not the end of the world, but I would loose some of the tax credit,

My problem is that I need the tax credit for 2010. That's why I registered on April 20 so I could get delivery in December. I retire next year in June and my income will be lower and taxes will be lower. If I get my LEAF in 2011 I'll only get about half of the tax credit and that sucks. We're thinking that it might be better for my partner to purchase the LEAF because he could use the whole tax credit next year.

Do you think Nissan would allow me to switch my reservation slot to my partner so he can purchase it? Hard telling.?

Nissan must be taking lessons from Microsoft - get folks to buy a product 6-12 months before it is ready to be sold. Then another 3-4 years to get it right.

mmangry.jpg

I think Nissan is trying to pull a fast one. They are doing the exact same thing that GM did with the EV1. When I talked to the Saturn dealer they kept saying the EV1 would be leased outside of California and of course they never planned on it.

I think Nissan is trying to say they will sell the car everywhere but they are only going to sell it in California. I think they are trying to keep the Federal money by pretending to sell the car in other states. I think once they exploit the ferderal money they will back out of selling the cars to other states. They are just a bunch of scam artists and we need to stop the federal money until the car is available on a national level.

NO FEDERAL EV MONEY UNTIL THE CAR IS SOLD NATIONALLY! Any early buyer in California would not be able to get the tax break every. People in California who after the car is available nationally would get the tax break.

We can't let these big companies lie to us and exploit us. They want people from all over the U.S to pay for California cars with no intent of ever selling them nationally.

scottwilcox said:
They are doing the exact same thing that GM did with the EV1.

Sometime back John Stewart's show had an interview with a guy who was sueing bars who had "ladies night" specials of no cover charges for women on grounds of inequal treatment of men & women. He wanted his work to be remembered along with Gandhi, King & Mandela.

That is the kind of similarity I see between Leaf & EV1 :lol:

evnow said:
Can someone post the email that went out to people not in the initial rollout states ?
LEAFer posted it on page one of this thread:

leafemail.png

That's the same e-mail that I received in my "non-rollout" state. :(

Here is a thought. What if Nissan had sent the EVSE inspection mail as this June-30th mail ? Would we all be equally disappointed ? May be throw in a bit of information that is already public - like test drives in October etc.

The plan has ALWAYS been to deploy the initial Leafs to the EV Project areas first, they actually upped the # from 4700 to 5700 a month or so ago. Those lucky few in the 5 EV Project states where supposed to test the Leaf for a full year, before the Leaf was available to the "general public". They can only make so many, so fast, and they are promised all over the world, not just in the U.S.

I don't think Nissan is doing anything other than what they promised, and they WILL deliver them, I never expected to get mine before the 2nd half of 2011, because that is a realistic expectation, and what I've heard from more than 1 Nissan dealer in Massachusetts.

Also, as an FYI, the government grant is NOT paying for the customers Leafs, only for the charging infrastructure. All good things ome to those with patience, and your patience will be tested with this if you are not in one of the 5 EV project states.

Luckily I still have my 2010 Prius :)

scottwilcox said:
I think Nissan is trying to say they will sell the car everywhere but they are only going to sell it in California. I think they are trying to keep the Federal money by pretending to sell the car in other states.
You've really got me scratching my head on this. They don't get any federal money when they sell a Leaf, and neither does the purchaser, at least not right away. If Nissan's leasing company buys a Leaf then it will get the federal money ... eventually. So what are you trying to say?

scottwilcox said:
I think once they exploit the federal money they will back out of selling the cars to other states. They are just a bunch of scam artists and we need to stop the federal money until the car is available on a national level.
There is no money to stop. Except for a few hundred cars sold in December 2010, the federal government isn't going to start giving anybody the tax credits until you file your income taxes in 2012. (Well, that isn't precisely true. A few people may have tax years that don't correspond to calendar years.)

scottwilcox said:
NO FEDERAL EV MONEY UNTIL THE CAR IS SOLD NATIONALLY!
Your entire post makes no sense at all unless you are assuming that the national rollout will not happen until nearly two years from now!

Well there could always be delays with any big new release...especially one as complicated as this...that said, it seems a bit silly to compare a company hiding a huge disaster, to a company releasing a boring email...

:)

Gavin

I think Scott is kinda new here and doesn't really know much yet about the LEAF or the govt loan. If he hangs around a while he will probable get better info into his posts.

Gavin

Yep. I got the same email from Nissan. I am located in the SF Bay Area.

I have not registered for an electrical inspection cuz I'm gonna go nakid with da Leaf! ;-P Haha!

Does the word OVERREACTION ring a bell to anyone? From my perspective, Nissan fulfilled their promise with the "your place in automotive history" email on May 17 and the "home charging update" email on June 16.

Here are the relevant sentences from the emails that I received from the "reservation complete" email to date:

Reservation Complete email: "thank you for reserving your place in automotive history. we have received your fully refundable reservation payment of $99, which has been charged to your credit card. we will be in touch by June 30 with more details on your spot and how to begin preparing your home for your new car."

May 17: thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. "you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer. together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available."
NOTE: This is information about my "spot", that I live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process. Not everyone got this email across the country, so I consider this information about my spot.

May 28: your place in automotive history: "thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. we will be in touch by June 30 to provide you with further instructions and help you get even closer to driving emissions-free."

I also happened to speak with a supervisor at Nissan EV Customer Service on May 28 and I mentioned the additional email that we were expecting by the end of June. She said that they were preparing those emails at that time to be sent out soon. I consider the June 16 email the one we were told to expect.

June 16: home charging update: "home charging dock assessment appointments with AeroVironment are now available in your area. to set up an appointment, simply click here and get charged up today. if you have questions, just call 877-NO-GAS-EV or join the LEAF live chat."
NOTE: This is contact by June 30 regarding how to begin preparing your home for your new car.

Also on June 16: The actual confirmation email of my July 1 AeroVironment appointment.

Today's email lacked any information and was unnecessary to me, but it doesn't show any nefarious scheme to rip off the US government, disguise some lack for performance vs their timetable, yada, yada. I wasn't expecting anything else by June 30. Perhaps folks in other areas than the rollout states hadn't received an email since May 28, so today's email was Nissan's effort to ensure that they are keeping everyone in the loop.

Back