June delivery carwings issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defiancecp

This was mentioned in the thread, but it got buried by discussion about delivery sequence :p

Has anyone with june delivery and carwings opened up in the last week been able to register their leaf?

In mine, and I know a few other people mentioned this in the june delivery thread, it shows the car, shows the vin, but when I try to agree/consent, it at first gave an error, but now just sits eternally "processing"

Just curious if this was universal for new registrations and/or if anyone had figured a way around it.

How many people in June have had their Carwings open or get a VIN. Not me yet.

Instead of going through the "dashboard" to get to Carwings,
go directly to the Owners Portal login:
http://www.nissanusa.com/owners

There, use the same user name and pwd that you use to log into the NissanUSA site to access your "Account" (dashboard).

Didn't resolve it in my case - same issue; it shows the leaf, asks me to accept the terms and consent, I click both and click accept, then the window greys out and a box pops up with

"Update vehicle
Processing update"

and a little spinning circle. That never goes away, and there's nothing on screen to interact with. After 20-30 minutes wait I'm sure it's not just me being impatient either :p :)

As for how many, I saw 2-3 other people post in the june delivery thread with this issue, which is why I thought it might be universal for new registrations.

I will report it to cs again.

Apparently your VIN is in the Owners Portal, but not in Carwings yet. Even if it was, there is almost nothing you can do with it until you actually get the car and enter your userID and your LEAF's special PIN (password) that you will be assigned after your VIN gets into Carwings.

So, just relax.

might want to call CS, i had this problem and it got fixed after a couple of calls to CS. then again it might have fixed itself because the car reached long beach around the time the owner's portal started behaving. some activity at the port (scanning the VIN or something) might have unwedged the owners portal?

defiancecp said:
This was mentioned in the thread, but it got buried by discussion about delivery sequence :p

Has anyone with june delivery and carwings opened up in the last week been able to register their leaf?

In mine, and I know a few other people mentioned this in the june delivery thread, it shows the car, shows the vin, but when I try to agree/consent, it at first gave an error, but now just sits eternally "processing"

Just curious if this was universal for new registrations and/or if anyone had figured a way around it.

I had the same problem and I called CS who resolved the issue. It took 2-3 business days as they escalated to IT experts. My delivery is now scheduled for May 26.

I am a June delivery - but carwings hasn't opened up for me yet... anxiously awaiting my "month of June" to change to a week... :)

Matt

My CarWings opened up on Friday 5/13 and I had the same problem of not being able to accept and activate CarWings with the error message about checking your VIN number for accuracy. I chatted online with Nissan CS on 5/13 and they opened up a case # for me and said Jesse will call me back. Never heard from Jesse, I kept trying a couple of times a day and tonight I was finally able to get through, accepted the CarWings terms OK with no more error messages, and now I'm fully set up. So hopefully yours will be fixed up soon, too.

I'm not bugged by it or impatient, was just curious if others had seen resolution, and how. I guess I'll give it a couple weeks to see if it resolves naturally (since dealing with cs tends to be a pretty frustrating experience), and if it doesn't, that still gives a few weeks to get it resolved before the car gets here. There's nothing I particularly want to do with carwings, I just want to be sure it's all ready when the car gets here :)

Essentially, there is nothing that you CAN do, or see, or experiment with in Carwings until your LEAF itself is properly "connected" to Carwings, usually done at the dealer.

The "accepting" Carwings now (or anytime before you actually buy your LEAF) will just show you your ID and a "random" Password (PIN) string that must be entered into the car so that the car can properly do its first "connect".

Right, but my point is that if this is an issue that nissan will have to fix, it will likely take days (based on other users' discussion) to fix, so I want to be sure it's done *before* delivery, so that once I pick it up I can activate it immediately.

I had no problems. I just found out I had week of June 24th and the was able to transfer to owners portal, and to activitate Carwings immediately.

When did you guys order?

I'm a early Nov order and just curious if you guys are 2010 or 2011 orders.

Thanks.

Volusiano said:
My CarWings opened up on Friday 5/13 and I had the same problem of not being able to accept and activate CarWings with the error message about checking your VIN number for accuracy. I chatted online with Nissan CS on 5/13 and they opened up a case # for me and said Jesse will call me back. Never heard from Jesse, I kept trying a couple of times a day and tonight I was finally able to get through, accepted the CarWings terms OK with no more error messages, and now I'm fully set up. So hopefully yours will be fixed up soon, too.

Exact same situation here- mine finally worked on 5/18.

dcarter

Back