L.E.D. Shifter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PancraZ

Hey everyone, just wanted to share another mod I've done to my Leaf. Always thought it would be cool to make that blue clear part in the shifter glow. After several revisions it came out great! Here are some pics:

196254_4525577301003_1323927412_n.jpg

543980_4525577581010_100360828_n.jpg

Its was a bit labor intensive but doable if you are good with a file and confident with taking the center shifter apart.

Really!? Dang it, he always gets to them first. Ohh well.. Thanks though! I never seen his before, Ill search around for it.

Yeah, I can write up something for you this weekend.

PancraZ said:
Really!? Dang it, he always gets to them first. Ohh well.. Thanks though! I never seen his before, Ill search around for it.

Please do. This is something Nissan should have put in the car in the first place.
Thanks

Texleaf said:
Please do. This is something Nissan should have put in the car in the first place.
Thanks

they must have in an earlier design, right? I dont see why they would make it clear plastic if they didnt intend to do that but later revised it out

sling said:
they must have in an earlier design, right? I dont see why they would make it clear plastic if they didnt intend to do that but later revised it out

I think that's probably true. But I don't think we ever saw the concept in anything other than daylight photos or video. But if you remember, they had the same kind of "jewels" in the end of the wiper and turn signal stalks, and there was blue piping around each set of switchbacks which sort of looked like it should light up too. So it makes sense.

PancraZ said:

Where's the write up? :) Or at least let us know how to take apart the center console. I can figure everything else out, just don't want to break any tabs and cause rattles.

voodoojc said:
Where's the write up? :) Or at least let us know how to take apart the center console. I can figure everything else out, just don't want to break any tabs and cause rattles.

+1. It would be very appreciated. Maybe a reminder PM to the OP would be a good idea at this point.

Back