LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
National Plug In Day is finally coming to Kansas City (9/28 & 9/29) at Kaw Point Park! I posted the following under the National Plug In Day thread, if you're interested:

"...Both MO and KS LEAF drivers/fans can meet right there at the State Line @ Kaw Point Park by the riverfront. Just click on the "down" arrow at the bottom of this page for directions from east (Missouri) and west (Kansas):
http://www.lewisandclarkwyco.org/directions;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
click "Mid-west" at this link to register:
http://www.pluginday.org/events.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Post in the thread if you're going!

- Kathy

eclecticflower said:
National Plug In Day is finally coming to Kansas City (9/28 & 9/29) at Kaw Point Park! I posted the following under the National Plug In Day thread, if you're interested:

"...Both MO and KS LEAF drivers/fans can meet right there at the State Line @ Kaw Point Park by the riverfront. Just click on the "down" arrow at the bottom of this page for directions from east (Missouri) and west (Kansas):
http://www.lewisandclarkwyco.org/directions;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
click "Mid-west" at this link to register:
http://www.pluginday.org/events.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

- Kathy
Keynote speaker on Saturday is Bobby Kennedy Jr.
http://concertfortheclimate.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't make it Saturday. Taking the Scouts out but might make it Sunday afternoon.

Chuckle from the car club display at the Kansas Speedway Saturday at the Grand-Am race. I overheard "Hey, that's a Leaf, doesn't Dr. Dave have a Leaf?". To which my response was, yes, yes he does. =)

CD your co-workers know your car =)

ksnogas2112 said:
Chuckle from the car club display at the Kansas Speedway Saturday at the Grand-Am race. I overheard "Hey, that's a Leaf, doesn't Dr. Dave have a Leaf?". To which my response was, yes, yes he does. =)

CD your co-workers know your car =)

Possible.... I don't preach about it at work, but I talk about it when the conversation seems right.

They don't usually refer to me as "Dr. Dave" though. I am often referred to as "Dr. H" -- last name is Hermanns which is unusual enough.....

In any case, glad someone's recognizing that EV's are out there....

Hey everyone:

So I have been lurking on eBay for a cheap Leaf rim so that I can have the ultimate in a spare tire, like a real rim and tire.....

Have not found one yet for less than $160, so I am waiting. I have a spare from a Nissan Altima which does work, and a jack set too...

But I digress -- I have ebay set to notify me of new listings. Up pops a listing for a new air compressor and slime kit from a 2013 Lead. For $39.95 with shipping....

These puppies are expensive when you have to use them. There were other listings for the same items, for $200 plus. Beats me what the seller was doing -- looks like a pretty new seller, so perhaps they had no clue of its value.

So I bought it. So if anyone has to use their emergency air compressor and tire sealant, let me know. You can have the spare I have for $39.95

Keep it in mind.....

Saw my first actual-driving (not just a car show untouchable) Tesla Model S a couple days ago - so surprised!

Plate read "1RAD-EV" and yes, it was! :D

If I recall correctly, it was a wildly-orangey-colored plate, so may have been Kansas or specialty vanity plate, not sure. MO regular vanity plates have white backgrounds.

Wouldn't it be fun to get him to the National Plug In Day 2013 (or our LEAF gathering - fat chance)?

Any sleuths on MNL know who he might be?

mhigley said:
I guess I have been missing these messages.

I'm in for 9/14 at 4pm.

Just in case there are any new lurkers who don't know if they would we welcome, or others that have forgotten about the event, then here is a reminder and invitation. I will be hosting, 4pm, next Saturday. Food is being provided -- there is a PM food thread going and if you'd like to be included, send me a PM and I will include you on the food thread. But you don't have to bring libations or victuals to take part. Just bring an EV or an positive interest in one and you will be welcome.

I have lots of charging space and at least at 4PM, you could even get some renewable electrons (they actually heal the battery so you will have more GIDS after sipping from the solar fountain of youth). So if you are coming from a distance, and would like to plug in, we are good to go.....

PM with any questions....

eclecticflower said:
Plate read "1RAD-EV" and yes, it was! :D

If I recall correctly, it was a wildly-orangey-colored plate, so may have been Kansas or specialty vanity plate, not sure. MO regular vanity plates have white backgrounds.

That's the standard personalized license plate in Kansas. With a personalized plate in Kansas only costing $45, they are pretty common... http://www.ksrevenue.org/dmv-platereissue.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey guys 'n gals,
Sorry I missed it this weekend. The on call phone wouldn't stop ringing. Last three times were completely quiet so I figured I was safe....wrong...

Kathy sent a message it sounds like you all had a great time. I would love to have seen the Leaf parade through the art fair. That sounded awesome!

My SO was disappointed a scheduling conflict kept him from being in town to join us, as well. It was nice meeting the blue LEAFer & his family (was he Kenny or Kevin? :oops: ), as well as Mark, the new Dave and Claudia (Mrs. cdhermans). :) Eric had a satchel that may have been chock full of EV info we didn't get around to discussing. :ugeek:

Perhaps we could try getting together more frequently (quarterly?). We could pursue getting QC stations in the metropolitan areas or do happy hour or day trips, just for fun.

I'll be at the 2013 National Plug In Day events Saturday, 9/28 @ Kaw River Park and possibly Sunday, 9/29. I hope to see you there, if any of you go.

I would love to meet again! I had a wonderful time meeting everyone. It was so great of Dave and Claudia to have the meeting at their home.

Can some one post a picture? I didn't take one.

Thanks!

Well, it's official, even though I have 12 capacity bars showing I can't do Lenexa - Lawrence - Lenexa on a single charge AT 70mph. Battery degraded about 10% I'm estimating.

So, I got my Clay County, Missouri property tax bill for my 2012 Nissan LEAF, and guess what? It was nearly $850. This is almost double what my first year statements were on some of my previous cars (all around $33,000 when purchased.) Apparently, by Missouri statute, they use the previous year's October NADA listed trade-in value. Since there was no entry for October 2012, they go to their backup plan which is to use the MSRP * 0.85 to estimate the trade-in value for previous year models and MSRP * 0.90 for current year models (this is a policy guestimation thing / not by statute). This is obviously way, way high, so I've been directed to call one of the managers in the accessor's office on Monday. Wish me luck. The people in the office have been really friendly and helpful. I really hope I can get the car assessed more appropriately.

ericvoll said:
So, I got my Clay County, Missouri property tax bill for my 2012 Nissan LEAF, and guess what? It was nearly $850. This is almost double what my first year statements were on some of my previous cars (all around $33,000 when purchased.) Apparently, by Missouri statute, they use the previous year's October NADA listed trade-in value. Since there was no entry for October 2012, they go to their backup plan which is to use the MSRP * 0.85 to estimate the trade-in value for previous year models and MSRP * 0.90 for current year models (this is a policy guestimation thing / not by statute). This is obviously way, way high, so I've been directed to call one of the managers in the accessor's office on Monday. Wish me luck. The people in the office have been really friendly and helpful. I really hope I can get the car assessed more appropriately.
Eric, I got my Clay County tax bill and my car's assessed value is listed as $10,560.00, which is probably similar to your assessment. There's an old Seadoo jet-ski assessed @ $190 and the total tax for both is $927.27 (the taxes aren't broken out for each, so who knows how it was calculated or what the jet-ski added). Let me know if Clay County gives you a good recalc and some tax relief...I may have to meet with your assessor.

Kathy

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to check in. My wife has taken over the LEAF so I don't see it much anymore. I started my dog boarding and daycare biz and we are packed so I have very little time to look at the computer anymore. I hope all is well with everyone and you have a happy and safe holiday season!

Hi Mark! Seems like this thread's been abandoned! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season. Mine will be looking up if Eric reports back about his personal property tax after Monday, so maybe I can catch a break, too.

Wouldn't it be fun to do a LEAF holiday toasting at a local venue? Someplace nice we can sit inside around a firepit/fireplace and chit chat/have appetizers. Anybody know a place like that? Someplace we wouldn't have to worry much about charging to get there, or a place with nearby plugs? Sliding home with a flashing fuelbar and LBW last night was a bit freaky 'cause of the cold, but I'm game for another cold weather challenge.

Back