Leaf : Trims, Features, Accessories, MSRP, Invoice Prices

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeaneG said:
A question for anyone who bought the "protection package" and received their car: was the black plastic rear bumper protector included? CSR I spoke with today thought so, but I was expecting not.
Yes.

LEAFer said:
DeaneG said:
A question for anyone who bought the "protection package" and received their car: was the black plastic rear bumper protector included? CSR I spoke with today thought so, but I was expecting not.
Yes.
Super, thanks. That explains why I couldn't get my order changed. There was nothing to change.

gasmiser1 said:
garygid said:
Apparently it is cable-operated, with the cable pulled by an electric motor.
------------------------------------------------------

This is interesting to me.

We have a sleep driveway that is downhill toward the garage door. I'd like to be able to adjust the Leaf parking brake if necessary.

I've already had my 2001 Insight slip on damp pavement with a few pine needles lying around (parking brake engaged and trans in gear) and rolled into my aluminum garage door, denting it and pushing it inwards 1 1/2 feet. Thankfully, no damage to the car.

Now I park parallel to the garage door-taking no chances.
If you pull up on the parking brake it sets it. If you pull up a second time it sets it even tighter. Pushing down releases it.

MaryC said:
Has anyone that has the car bought an extra L1 charging cord? What was the price?
Here you go: http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories/nissan-29690

"Only" $508! I don't have my car yet, but I expect I'm going to want to have an extra, since I plan to use it for most of my charging. I'd like to have one permanently plugged in at home, and another in the car. ... But I may put up with the inconvenience for a while, hoping that the price comes down.

Ray

And the AV is also not usable (unless you make an easy mod) on 208V, which it turns out is the supply voltage in many public charge station locations and possibly commercial businesses. The manual indicates that a jumper has to be cut during install, depending on whether the supply is 208 or 240. With some skill you could make that "cut" temporary to lend more flexibility to the unit. But I don't know what happens if you "forget" to set it correctly before plugging it in.

EDIT: *CORRECTION* See an update from Fabio on page 21 (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1022&start=205). The AV works fine on either voltage. The jumper serves another purpose. Sorry for any confusion ( blame the installation manual ;) )

Ok I tried to get the splash guards and the protection package added at the port but I guess was too late and my dealer just told me that port refused.

Is it easy to install the splash guard and black plastic rear bumper protector by yourself? I am thinking i will just order if from eBay and then get these installed myself.

Are the Splash guards here http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/product.asp?MCId=21&SCId=2&PId=2777&Modelyear=2011
same body color as the Leaf? I assume quantity of 1 is for all 4 wheels or is it just 1?

Thx

MaryC said:
Has anyone that has the car bought an extra L1 charging cord? What was the price?
I'm going to hold off and get one of these, and make or buy AC plug adapters for L1 and L2:
http://servicesolutions.spx.com/pdf/SS10-283_evse_spcsht4.pdf
It'll also be useful as a standard L2 EVSE should the Blink unit go on the "Blink".

I just called SPX about their Level 2 EVSE, and they say "soon", and they still hope for March, but it is still waiting on UL listing. Basically, no new info since late Dec 2010.

csriram45 said:
Is it easy to install the splash guard and black plastic rear bumper protector by yourself? I am thinking i will just order if from eBay and then get these installed myself.
They are very easy to install. I've installed OEM splash guards myself on every car to date (except the Lease'd LEAF), and it never took more than 30 minutes or so. THey generally come with instructions, a drill template, or just pop-in fasteners.

The plastic rear bumper is just a stick-on applique. Clean the surface, measure carefully, make a hinge out of masking tape, and stick it on.

Remember, they're not looking to do a lot of precision work in Port. The only thing I wouldn't attempt myself is the clear-bra. That takes practice. :)

GroundLoop said:
csriram45 said:
................................ The only thing I wouldn't attempt myself is the clear-bra. That takes practice. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you seen the clear bra? I ordered it, but after I saw it in person, I found it hardly covered the critical areas on front of the Leaf.

I wouldn't have ordered it if I been able to see it in advance. Disappointing.

gasmiser1 said:
Have you seen the clear bra? I ordered it, but after I saw it in person, I found it hardly covered the critical areas on front of the Leaf.

I wouldn't have ordered it if I been able to see it in advance. Disappointing.
+1.

I've ordered a couple of accessories from Nissan dealers online, and in both cases the packages didn't come with instructions. But the instructions below from an earlier thread of mine will lead you to Nissan's website for the instructions:

-------

You do have to log in (free), but here is the way to access the Nissan website for installing accessories when you buy them separately (such as from Tustin Nissan)....This is the same website that you can sign up for the Service Manuals for 1 day @ $19.99...

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com

Login
Under Available Products, select "Accessory Installation Instructions"
Then Select "LEAF" on right
Then select "2011"
Then select "Electrical", "Exterior", or "Interior"
Then select particular accessory...

Back