Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad that someone else finds this April date a little "crazy". I have read all at least ten posts from California to Texas and everyone sounded like this: "i am glad i am no longer pending and have a delivery month, yeah". Clearly as a college student, who doesn't own a home, doesn't make 100,000 a year, I don't drive a Prius, never owned a Nissan, and with the price point of the car I knew I would have to make some great sacrifice to own a Leaf. So i sold my other car to eliminate the rest of the car note and monthly insurance. I have been sharing a car with my mom since April of 2010 that was when I thought the car would be available in December 2010 or early 2011. I have put away car note and insurance every month since April, and when you have no car on the weekend you really don't spend any money, LOL that was a plus. I wonder how many cars are really on order out of the 20,000 reservations. I think if they would tell us your car is in the 4000-5000 production slot we would have some idea of why its taking so long to have our cars delivered. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and she said they had no further information, then sometime between last night and this morning the dashboard updated with a delivery date. Are the dealers really that much in the dark? That's if for the rant. Well the positive is I could have enough to pay out the three year lease between my savings, the $7500 credit applied to the lease, and I will avoid paying interest. I wish I could be more accepting like the other people who received April delivery dates, but at this point all I am praying for patients because I am still in love with the Leaf.

shawnbrig said:
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and she said they had no further information, then sometime between last night and this morning the dashboard updated with a delivery date. Are the dealers really that much in the dark?

Hang in there, Shawn. It appears that Nissan Corporate is 'driving the boat' as far as us 'early reservation holders' go. I've been told by my dealer that they see the same info in their dashboard that I see in mine - and it appears that we both get updates when Corporate pushes them out. So yes - dealers could be that much in the dark. ;)

I guess I'm in a different state of anticipation - I delayed my order from Sep to Jan to push the delivery into the summer. I can't wait to get the car, but won't be ready for it if it arrives too early. :shock: :lol:

I'm impressed with your dedication and financial management skillz! Way to Go! How far along are you and what are you studying?

Andy

Thanks Andy. I am pretty good at finances, thanks in part to my parents divorce and home foreclosure in 2006, at first it was a fear thing then it just became me being proactive and monitoring where every penny goes. I am working on Process Technology Associates and General studies Associates, Started Spring of 2010 I completed 44 credits last year, this spring I will complete 27 (boy am I pushing it, but the Dean approved). As far as where I am, I will have two classes to finish my Process Technology Associates this summer but, if I intend to keep getting scholarship money while I complete my General studies Associates on the community college level I have to spread the remaining three classes over the summer of 2011, fall of 2011, and Spring of 2012. Its odd as soon as you get an associates you can no longer participate is many of the community college scholarships. So in Spring 2012 I will have completed both Associates and at that point I will transfer to the University of Houston and complete a Petroleum Engineering Bachelors in about a year and a half. So I will be finished Fall of 2013, will a Masters follow, by that time I have projected i will be broke and have school loans to the tune of $14000 which is a lot all considering the original plan was to finishing with no loans.

Oh, dear, you made the "mistake" of praying for Patience?

One way that prayer gets answered, is you get the Patience by ...
opportunities for waiting, and waiting, ... and more waiting.
Finally, you "get" (have learned) Patience!

But, may you be well blessed in any case.
Gary

Thanks Gary, the first week of school has started so I wont have time to be obsessed with my delivery date anymore. Believe me the Leaf will still be on my brain. I have decided to do my Honors Project on the Leaf. Something along the lines of, reasons why the leaf would be a good car for people 18-35, and a marketing strategy to go along with those reasons. That will keep me busy till April when my car arrives.

Maybe I have been living in a cave, but did anyone else know that the EV Project is installing "free" EVSEs in Houston? When I originally did my research mid to late 2010 they were only available in the initial round of states and I remember entering my location in some lookup tool and learning that Houston was not included. Well, it appears we are now. It is interesting though that you can only sign up AFTER you take delivery. So I'm guessing you're expected trickle charge for some indeterminate amount of time? Price of getting something free I guess. That and having your data sent to some top secret government database. :shock: Anyone considering this route? So far eVgo is my leading candidate.

Had not seen that either. Like you, when I did my research middle of last year I only found this on the West Coast. Given the long delivery times, would definitely wait. Let us know how it goes!

I heard Houston would be receiving the free EV Project chargers as well. I called I think in October and was advised that when I am at the dealership signing delivery papers I will have the option to fill out paperwork to see if I qualify for a free charger.

Just wanted to remind all of the Texans to update their information on the spreadsheet and map ...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1160

Thanks all,
Dennis
----------------------------
Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
brilliant silver
option added:
quick charge port
accessories added:
cargo net
door kick plate
carpeted mats

dpfeif said:
Just wanted to remind all of the Texans to update their information on the spreadsheet and map ...

I'm in the spreadsheet but my "pin" has been deleted off the map twice. Not sure what's going on there...

The electric car revolution is beginning to reach Texas. The first Chevy Volts have trickled into the state in the past month, and now a few Leafs should reach Texas buyers before the end of January.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/14/2770136/prospective-buyers-try-out-nissans.html

Anyone see this article in Startle-Gram? I wonder if this is true -- if it is, it must be in Houston, right? There are a couple of other tid-bits "at least 500" Texas orders? Ouch, that seems low... And they mention Robin Maas, "Nissan's electric-vehicle operations manager in Texas". Has anybody here talked to Robin?

jhm614 said:
The electric car revolution is beginning to reach Texas. The first Chevy Volts have trickled into the state in the past month, and now a few Leafs should reach Texas buyers before the end of January.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/14/2770136/prospective-buyers-try-out-nissans.html

Anyone see this article in Startle-Gram? I wonder if this is true -- if it is, it must be in Houston, right? There are a couple of other tid-bits "at least 500" Texas orders? Ouch, that seems low... And they mention Robin Maas, "Nissan's electric-vehicle operations manager in Texas". Has anybody here talked to Robin?

Thanks for this! And no Leaf bashing! :D

The last drive they had was in your area - at the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp in Dallas Jan 13-16th.

Thanks for this! And no Leaf bashing! :D

The last drive they had was in your area - at the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp in Dallas Jan 13-16th.

Yeah, I drove three times on Friday :) Once by myself in the a.m. and then took my kiddo over after school and drove twice more. The last time, I put it in Eco the whole way. So counting the Austin demo, I now have 4 LEAF drives under my belt.

I think I can live it... come on, April!

Below is the email I got form the dealership I ordered my car from this morning. I was told I was the first to order from that dealership (after i ordered i also called 7 other dealerships in a 50 mile radius who had not yet placed any orders), they didn't know what criteria was used in selecting the first delivery in Texas. Does anyone know if reservation time and order confirmation time both count? I am also going to post this on one of the main pages to see if anyone outside of our Texas group knows. My April delivery seems so far out, for me that is, for those of you still pending, I can only imagine.

Hello Future LEAF owners,

Mark your calendars for an exciting event that we all have been waiting for! The first LEAF delivery in the state of Texas will be here at CLEAR LAKE NISSAN on Tuesday January 25,2011. Everyone is invited to come.

dpfeif said:

I know I was on this map at some point, but I seem to be gone now. I'm in Kennedale, TX (next to Ft.Worth / Arlington) plus, I can't even figure out how to add myself back. I placed my order back in October. I haven't heard anything from my dealer since before Christmas and he told me to expect April/May timeframe.

shawnbrig said:
I was told I was the first to order from that dealership .... My April delivery seems so far out, for me .

Hello Future LEAF owners,

Mark your calendars for an exciting event that we all have been waiting for! The first LEAF delivery in the state of Texas will be here at CLEAR LAKE NISSAN on Tuesday January 25,2011. Everyone is invited to come.

Shawnbrig: you better call that dealeler -What if that's your car!! That April date in the dashboard could be wrong - as it was for others- I always thought that April sounded too late for your early order. This will be interesting......Good luck and keep us updated

One more thing: I believe that in the original plan Texas was supposed to be getting their first cars in January - so Nissan is making good on that promise. Deliveries in the first 5 states starting in December, then Texas and Hawaii (1a) the next month -wasn't that how it went?? Texas may only get a few token cars at first, and then more in the spring - that's my guess.

Back