Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmarilloLeaf said:
Just checking in from Amarillo.....

We'll send you all some photos of a Leaf at Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon, and maybe the Route 66 Midpoint Cafe in Adrian if I chance the 88 mile round trip....

William

Now that is cool -- Can't wait to see the Cadillac Ranch pic! (Although those Caddy's were looking a little rough the last time I was out that way...)

AmarilloLeaf said:
We don't have any EVSE incentives to work off up here, [...]
I thought the EVSE tax credit is a Federal program, that is, you should qualify for it as well: IRS Form 8911.

AmarilloLeaf said:
So I bought a Blink directly from ECOtality.
How did you do that? I went to ecotality.com then eventually to blinknetwork.com and only saw their "contact info" page.

aqn said:
AmarilloLeaf said:
I thought the EVSE tax credit is a Federal program, that is, you should qualify for it as well: IRS Form 8911.

AmarilloLeaf said:
How did you do that? I went to ecotality.com then eventually to blinknetwork.com and only saw their "contact info" page.

I sent you a PM with David Aasheim's email address. He's ECOtality Texas' Area Manager and he can hook you up with quote.

J.

aqn said:
AmarilloLeaf said:

Thanks for the link Andy. Actually I was referring to the ECOtality subsidized EVSE programs. They are apparently available in the large Texas cities, but Amarillo got left out.

aqn said:
AmarilloLeaf said:

I bought mine Wednesday from ECOtality, and it arrived today. Get this... it was shipped from AUSTIN. Right in your back yard.

Call Dave, the area manager for ECOtality at 214-551-4014, he will get you set up.

bluemoose said:
I hopefully will have some fun news to share later this week about an "extended" trip in the LEAF if I can get all the logistics worked out. Stay tuned...

Well, all the arrangements and planning have been made, we're off in the morning to Corpus Christi for Spring Break in the LEAF! And we're going to try to do it in one day. We'll be stopping at Nissan dealerships in Rosenberg (Gillman), Victoria and finally Corpus (Ed Hicks). The last 2 legs are ~100 miles so I'm going to have to bring my A-game. The planning worked out perfect on paper for the way down to coincide with naps and sleeping for the kids and nice long charging breaks. After holding out for years, this excursion prompted me to finally get one of those new-fangled twitter accounts (@txleaf1), so I'll try to remember to post some updates. Here we go...

Hi All,

Was driving past the Westfield car depot this evening (in Houston off Hardy Toll Road) and saw what looked like a new Red Leaf just off the train and waiting for a transport truck. So hopefully someone's car is showing up in a few days. Thought you could pass along to whoever is expecting something this week in East TX! Congrats on the new car.

Today, Houston area dealer thinks we might be able to take delivery Saturday.
AeroVironment needs to come out a third time to hopefully get the station working.
Keep you posted.

SolarExec said:
Hi All,

Was driving past the Westfield car depot this evening (in Houston off Hardy Toll Road) and saw what looked like a new Red Leaf just off the train and waiting for a transport truck. So hopefully someone's car is showing up in a few days. Thought you could pass along to whoever is expecting something this week in East TX! Congrats on the new car.

Hope it's not my lost LEAF that forgot to get off the train at the right stop in AZ. :geek:

I started the financing approval process about a week and a half ago in anticipation of the upcoming delivery day. I am heading to my dealer to look over the final numbers tomorrow before my car arrives. Hopefully delivery will take place by Saturday on day 4 of the 7 day window if not I am sure by Monday.

shawnbrig said:
I started the financing approval process about a week and a half ago in anticipation of the upcoming delivery day. I am heading to my dealer to look over the final numbers tomorrow before my car arrives. Hopefully delivery will take place by Saturday on day 4 of the 7 day window if not I am sure by Monday.
Way to go Shawn! I'm glad your dream's coming true!

shawnbrig said:
Shawn,
See time fly soon you will drive silver Leaf and other fellow will scream "good to see you". Congratulation and enjoy
Richard

I reserved on 4/20 and ordered on 9/24. I only found this site a few weeks back.

Finally got a VIN (906) on 3/12 with a week of Apr 7 promise, which is now a week of Apr 20 promise.

Has anyone in TX done a non-AeroVironment EVSE installation?
(Though I did just see Dave from ECOtality's info.)

Add another to the DFW count.

LonghornLeaf said:
I reserved on 4/20 and ordered on 9/24. I only found this site a few weeks back.

Finally got a VIN (906) on 3/12 with a week of Apr 7 promise, which is now a week of Apr 20 promise.

Add another to the DFW count.
Welcome aboard! You'll have your car soon!

Andy

LonghornLeaf said:
(Though I did just see Dave from ECOtality's info.)

Almost....the electrician is supposed to be here tomorrow am to install my Ecotality Blink.

The unit itself is more expensive than the AV, but I am saving about $900 by hiring the electrician myself. Plus the Blink uses a 240v plug, rather than hardwired to the house.

I am looking at EVSE options for my office building now. It may a bit premature, as there are zero Leafs here, and only 1 Volt so far. If we get a critical mass of EV cars on the road, I could make a case to have a public charger.

I got the message about Carwings, checked my dashboard and I now show estimated delivery of 4/21 !! (prior est. was May) My AV install is scheduled for 4/15... Anyone else in Texas get moved up?

Back