Leased a Leaf SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladewig

As of tonight I'm the owner (well lessee) of a new Leaf SV. I missed the discounted leases at the end of August and was kicking myself. So I made sure I didn't miss them when they popped up again in the last few days. Simply could not pass it up. On Wednesday, I'll get to drive home my Cayenne Red Leaf. Can't wait!

Now I just need to figure out the home charging situation. Debating whether to install a station or upgrade the stock EVSE.

Been lurking for a while. Glad to finally join the community.

Welcome! I think you'll find that quite a few people do both - upgrade the stock EVSE and get a permanently mounted one, too.

Congrats and love your color choice, as that is mine too. Since you are in Missouri, keep an eye on those battery capacity bars and report if you lose any. They are next to the horizontal bars indicating how many bars are charged.

Ian B

I hemmed and hawed between Glacier Pearl and Cayenne Red, but the decision was made for me when another salesman walked up and took the keys for the Glacier Pearl car off the desk after I returned from my test drive. I would have been happy with either one.

Curiosu why you called out Missouri. We get warm in summer, but aside form this year's unusual summer, we're no Arizona by any means.

MrIanB said:
Congrats and love your color choice, as that is mine too. Since you are in Missouri, keep an eye on those battery capacity bars and report if you lose any. They are next to the horizontal bars indicating how many bars are charged.

Ladewig said:
I hemmed and hawed between Glacier Pearl and Cayenne Red, but the decision was made for me when another salesman walked up and took the keys for the Glacier Pearl car off the desk after I returned from my test drive. I would have been happy with either one.

Curiosu why you called out Missouri. We get warm in summer, but aside form this year's unusual summer, we're no Arizona by any means.

MrIanB said:

No reason to call Mo out but, since the weather in the central states has been crazy this year, wanted to alert you to it in case you have any issues.

Now get out there and drive that zippy thing.

Ian B

MrIanB said:
Ian B

I will. Only downside is I pick it up tomorrow night, get one day to drive, then I'm out of town for four days. :( Something to look forward to when I get back I guess.

Ladewig said:
MrIanB said:
Ian B

I will. Only downside is I pick it up tomorrow night, get one day to drive, then I'm out of town for four days. :( Something to look forward to when I get back I guess.

It will be an awesome early xmas present for when you get back.

Ian B

Ladewig said:
Make sure you don't let it sit with more than 80% (10 bars) when storing if possible to maximize battery life.

Consensus is to leave it anywhere between 2-10 bars SOC with the car unplugged for storage with 4-6 bars being ideal. If you leave it plugged in, the 12V battery tends to drain itself after a week or so, so you have to jump the car to start it again.

Enjoy your trip!

drees said:
Ladewig said:
Make sure you let it sit with more than 80% (10 bars) when storing if possible to maximize battery life.

Consensus is to leave it anywhere between 2-10 bars SOC with the car unplugged for storage with 4-6 bars being ideal. If you leave it plugged in, the 12V battery tends to drain itself after a week or so, so you have to jump the car to start it again.

Enjoy your trip!

YOU FORGOT A CRITICAL WORD!!

Make sure you DONT let it sit with more than 80%.....

One day of ownership, and the battery degradation will start.. welcome to the life of LEAF

drees said:

Enjoy your trip!

Yes, I've been researching the Leaf and others for a while, so have seen the info on proper care and feeding of the battery.

Back