Lessee's: Will you buyout your lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am planning on it. I negotiated a deal such that I have 0 to pay at turn in in 24 months. This is a first generation vehicle. Quite a good one at that. However, I would be shocked if things are not vastly different in 2015 when that decision comes.

LEAFer said:
If Nissan is unable or unwilling to provide me a commitment in regards to complete and fully installed cost, then I am not willing to commit to a buy-out.
I don't think any business can commit to a future price - unless it is some kind of a warranty pre-buy like in Tesla.

How much are you willing to pre-pay now to get a new battery in 8 years ?

evnow said:
LEAFer said:
If Nissan is unable or unwilling to provide me a commitment in regards to complete and fully installed cost, then I am not willing to commit to a buy-out.
I don't think any business can commit to a future price - unless it is some kind of a warranty pre-buy like in Tesla.

have to agree on that especially in batteries where the innovation is rapidly changing the scenery. but the very least they can do is provide a "here and now" price

evnow said:
LEAFer said:

Pre-paid price: 10-15% of MSRP. Fully installed. Plus sales tax due at time of work completion.

This Leaf lease for us was a great $$$ savings win for us on many fronts! However, no I would not buy it at the end.

Already dreaming of the next generation of progress (range, appearance, functionality) on my EV journey.

Would love to have a two EV family by then. But that may be a stretch. Likely a hybrid added to mix.

SeattleBlue said:
This Leaf lease for us was a great $$$ savings win for us on many fronts! However, no I would not buy it at the end.

Already dreaming of the next generation of progress (range, appearance, functionality) on my EV journey.

Would love to have a two EV family by then. But that may be a stretch. Likely a hybrid added to mix.

+1.

i have never leased a car up until now and had intended to purchase but changed my mind at the last second over a .5% loan rate. I am glad I did. EVs are simply too far from maturity to make a 7 year commitment (my loan term) In 3 years, I will be eager to read about the 2014 LEAF and what it has to offer.

as much as the LEAF has been maligned here (and rightfully so) it is still the best option for me today. Now, in 13 months when my lease ends, that might not be true but it would have to be a currently unknown entry that changes my mind

I'm only 4 month in. My penalty is .15 per mile. The Cadillac burns about .21 per mile @ $3.30 per gal.
I'm stacking $1 bills in the safe. About $40 per month. If they aren't nice to me, I'll show up with a backpack full of cash. This is my first lease. Haven't made a car payment in 12 years. Don't like the payment, but like a/c and don't miss my Saturn Vue.

NO CLUE what I will do in the next 36months. I leased My12 SL a few months ago. 39months @ 15kper year. Residual value/balloon payment being $17k. I did have some negative equity on my trade but with the 7500 and another 500 rebate it sucked up the negative...completely.

Currently drive 68miles RT, the winter doesnt help So wife is the primary LEAF driver in winter until it warms up (she does all city 15-20miles per day), and I drive our Pathfinder. With possibly moving next year to a shorter 14mile (28mile RT) commute Ill love being able to go to and from work with additional range, unlike now.

I'll plan on turning my lease in if the car's value drops significantly or there is any capacity loss. Other than that, I MIGHT think about buying it out for the 17K at the end if its worth that much or more on trade in. Again noone knows what will happen, gas prices could skyrocket making PHEV/EV's boom and the values may stay there giving the incentive to buy out and sell for profit or buy out knowing you have all the vehicles history under your belt as well.

Time will tell, very satisfied now with the car, Cant wait for warm weather to swap cars back with the wife and use the LEAF again as my daily. 16mpg gas vs 106MPGe....nuff said

Back