Leviton 16 amp L2 Does Not Work for 2011 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Tried my Leviton 16 AMP L2 EVSE that I use for charging my Rav4 EV at work on my 2011 LEAF. It does'nt acknowledge that it's plugged in and the charge LED just blinks. So No Go.

smkettner said:
LEAF in title and RAV4 in the text.... which is it?
The text says he uses the Leviton to charge the RAV4 (apparently works fine), but that the Leaf won't charge with it. Seems pretty clear to me.

Is this in a different location than you normally use for charging the RAV4? Could be a local wiring problem, lack of ground, etc?

Bassman said:
Tried my Leviton 16 AMP L2 EVSE that I use for charging my Rav4 EV at work on my 2011 LEAF. It does'nt acknowledge that it's plugged in and the charge LED just blinks. So No Go.

Hi I saw your posting regarding the Nissan Leaf. I work at Leviton in the EVSE engineering department. Please contact me to go over some troubleshooting methods that may allow your Nissan Leaf to charge with the Leviton device.

Thanks,
Carlos
619-205-8719
[email protected]

EVTTT said:
Bassman said:

Hi I saw your posting regarding the Nissan Leaf. I work at Leviton in the EVSE engineering department. Please contact me to go over some troubleshooting methods that may allow your Nissan Leaf to charge with the Leviton device.

Thanks,
Carlos
619-205-8719
[email protected]

Nice to see Leviton reading this forum! Thanks for supporting the EV community and selling J1772 cordsets!

EVTTT said:
Bassman said:

Thanks,
Carlos
619-205-8719
[email protected]

Very Nice.
Somebody that cares.
Thanks Carlos!

Back