Long trip + experimenting. OR How I ended up pushing my Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BGog said:
cdub I was at two bars when I got Battery Low
This surprises me. As others have reported here, I have always gotten Low Battery (LBW) when only one bar was showing. Look, folks, we know Nissan changed the behavior in March. Do you suppose they might have changed it again for the latest batch of cars?

BGog said:
I of course have no intention of ever getting a turtle or even a "very low" warning in a real world situation.
I haven't kept an exact count, but I have gotten VLBW several times in a real world situation, meaning wife on board and no charging station nearby. Like you, I went to turtle once as a test (which turned out better for me), and now I have a pretty good idea of how far I can go after LBW and VLBW. I don't let VLBW panic me if I am within 5 miles of home; I know I can drive gently and make it.

Ray

TonyWilliams That chart you posted is exactly what I needed. Would be nice to have an in-dash display that showed this info.

Also about the firmware. How do I know if I have the latest? When I picked it up at the dealer on Friday they said "Of course it's the latest" but I don't trust that. Is there a way get the version number as well as the version of whats available?

Someone else asked if there were any hills on my route, no totally flat. Loving this car!

Someone said to reset your tripper when you reach LBW, and depending on your speed, you will pretty much know how many actual miles you have left using Tony's chart. That's what I will do.

Back