Los Angeles Metro Area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a September order month. I received my e-mail that I was ready to order on September 1st. I ordered at 5:30 PM on September 1st from Nissan Fantana. Order completed and confirmed with Danny of Nissan Fontana at 5:40 PM on September 1st. I hope I get my LEAF in December, I think I have a pretty good chance!

San Gabriel, CA
Los Angeles County

Followup on my earlier post about Miller and Universal Nissan -- Miller contacted me, and they hemmed and hawed a bit, mumbling something about their prices not being fixed yet but they'll "probably" do "something around MSRP."

My confidence, it is not high, so still planning to switch to Fontana when the time comes unless they come up with something more concrete (and lower.)

daveowenville said:
Followup on my earlier post about Miller and Universal Nissan -- Miller contacted me, and they hemmed and hawed a bit, mumbling something about their prices not being fixed yet but they'll "probably" do "something around MSRP."

Sounds like they don't realize that it's too late for them to get any informed customers. Of course, those living nearby that get directed to them will get a high quote and if they don't yet know about google and search this forum I guess it's their way of helping the local economy along the 101.

I'm glad my local dealer (alhambra) didn't go this route and simply offered a deal at a little more than $1000 of MSRP.

Invitation: (see "SoCal Gathering #1" topic)

This Saturday morning (18 Sept), a Breakfast gathering at Hometown Buffet
on 17th street in Santa Ana. At least 8 are planning to arrive about 8:30 AM.
Bring any "Show-and-Tell" to share.

Cheers, Gary (I ORDERED today!) :)

adaminla said:
daveowenville said:

Sounds like they don't realize that it's too late for them to get any informed customers. Of course, those living nearby that get directed to them will get a high quote and if they don't yet know about google and search this forum I guess it's their way of helping the local economy along the 101.

I'm glad my local dealer (alhambra) didn't go this route and simply offered a deal at a little more than $1000 of MSRP.

Dave,
Did Alhambra give $1,000 OFF MSRP? What was the LEAF model and total amount for your LEAF there at Alhambra Nissan?

adaminla said:
daveowenville said:

ADAMINLA,
Did Alhambra Nissan give you $1,000 OFF MSRP? What LEAF model and what was the price quote? I ask because I live close to Alhambra (1 mile) but I sent with Fontana.
Thanks!

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Just wanted to share this article for those in LA looking for a place to charge, lacar guy Mike Sullivan is installing Level 2 chargers at this dealerships, free to the public. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my apt. manager will let me install a charger at home but if not, I will definitely be using these!

http://blog.lacarguy.com/2010/07/01/lacarguy%E2%80%99s-mike-sullivan-unveils-open-access-%E2%80%9Clevel-2%E2%80%9D-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-during-fisker-karma-preview-event/

The problem is that, unless you can leave the car there for an appreciable part of the day, a level 2 charging station is of limited utility...

Tom

malloryk said:
Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Just wanted to share this article for those in LA looking for a place to charge, lacar guy Mike Sullivan is installing Level 2 chargers at this dealerships, free to the public. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my apt. manager will let me install a charger at home but if not, I will definitely be using these!

tcimpidis said:
The problem is that, unless you can leave the car there for an appreciable part of the day, a level 2 charging station is off limited utility...
quote]

that's true. I'm not sure yet if people will be able to leave their cars there for an extended period of time so I'm considering my options. Maybe I'll go every day for an hour to charge, or every other day for a couple hours? I only have a 3 mile commute to work and I live 2 miles from one of these lacarguy dealerships so I won't need to charge every day.

malloryk said:

http://blog.lacarguy.com/2010/07/01/lacarguy%E2%80%99s-mike-sullivan-unveils-open-access-%E2%80%9Clevel-2%E2%80%9D-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-during-fisker-karma-preview-event/

Mallory, that is great news! Thanks!

Granted, these are Level 2 chargers we're talking about, but so will be over 90% of all EVSE installed publicly initially. Over time we will likely see greater deployment of DC quick charge stations, but if you are in the area and can plug in for an hour while you're shopping or having a meal, that is an hour's more juice in your car, thanks to Mike Sullivan. I think it's great! :)

Hi all --

I am in the Porter Ranch area of Northridge... ordered on the 8th... through Santa Monica Nissan... and hope there's a chance of having a Blue SL at home by the end of the year.

Cheers, Bob

Hi Gary --

Thanks so much for the invitation. Sorry can't make this Saturday morning.... but I'll be there eating eggs and bacon and talking Leaf in spirit. It's an exciting time and the enthusiasm I see on the MyNissanLeaf forums is tremendous.

All the best, Bob

In checking around, apparently a number of other dealers are planning to do the same thing. In fact, if I was Nissan, I'd make it a condition of being a Leaf dealer (and, as they become available, require level 3 chargers)... Nissan should also provide an economic incentive for the dealers to install them. I don't see myself using them very often since, at level 2, the best I could likely hope for in the time available to me, might be 10 to 15 miles of range worth of charge, but it is nice to know they will be there...

Tom

Granted, these are Level 2 chargers we're talking about, but so will be over 90% of all EVSE installed publicly initially. Over time we will likely see greater deployment of DC quick charge stations, but if you are in the area and can plug in for an hour while you're shopping or having a meal, that is an hour's more juice in your car, thanks to Mike Sullivan. I think it's great! :)

Just heard from Mission Hills Nissan today (http://www.nissanofmissionhills.com/index.htm). Their Leaf guy (named Rafael) says they are among the few LA-area dealers offering the Leaf for $1,000 under MSRP. I had to tell him thanks by no thanks... as I've already ordered through Santa Monica Nissan (got a good deal there too... but not quite that good). But I pass this along to others in the San Fernando Valley (or surrounds) who might be interested. Rafael says orders being taken now are for January delivery.

Cheers, Bob in Porter Ranch

Yep, they are way, way too late to the party! I'm only a few miles away from Mission but ordered from Fontana instead nearly three weeks ago. With the attitude I got from them when I first asked about their Leaf plans, I wouldn't order from them regardless.

Tom

BobTarlau said:
Just heard from Mission Hills Nissan today (http://www.nissanofmissionhills.com/index.htm). Their Leaf guy (named Rafael) says they are among the few LA-area dealers offering the Leaf for $1,000 under MSRP. I had to tell him thanks by no thanks... as I've already ordered through Santa Monica Nissan (got a good deal there too... but not quite that good). But I pass this along to others in the San Fernando Valley (or surrounds) who might be interested. Rafael says orders being taken now are for January delivery.

Cheers, Bob in Porter Ranch

I thought this was an interesting twist for California EV owners related to EV parking from the DMV http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22511.htm
Evidentally, you can pay $17 and get a decal for the car to allows you to park in EV charging spaces where signs are posted that say you will be towed if you don't have the decal. I guess this is one way to keep non EVs from parking in those spaces. Anyone ever seen this kind of posting in an EV space?

This is not to be confused with the white sticker for EVs to go in the carpool lane with a lone driver. That application is on a different form and costs $8.

garygid said:
Perhaps our Dealers will obtain these decals for us, if we want them?
If you are refering to the $8 and $17 items ... no. They're not merely "decals", they are DMV PERMITS. And as such the registered Owner (or Lessee) needs to fill it in and sign. Standard info (VIN, make, model, residence address). And your "... consent to receive service of process at this mailing address pursuant to Vehicle Code Section ...." :roll:

Of course, California dealers could have blank forms available at delivery, and, as EV volumes increase, eventually these forms may become part of their automated pre-printed paperwork from their Finance Dept. just like the rest of the registration paperwork.

Back