Lucky Ducks and Lane Jumpers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

By anecdote, it appears that some of our early adopters who in March were, or appeared to be, passed over have gotten righted by Nissan through the Port allocation process. They have been jumped back ahead of the Lucky Ducks, who are still waiting and seeing time travel work in reverse.

No complaints. Just sayin'

I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of this on our spread sheets. Are most or all of the fall orders now accounted for with deliveries or real-time contact from their dealer for car pick up.

My April date (it was as early as the 6th) just keeps going backward. If that means the left behinds are now jumped aheads, well and good.

Was it all the complaining? Or was it in the cards?

I had a problem with the spreadsheet because of an erroneous entry which messed up the graphs. They are fixxed now.

You can look at the top graph and see there are the large downward spikes. Those represent people that did not wait very long for their cars.. 85 days vs the average of 200 days.

If you look at the second graph, you can compare deliveries vs how long after Aug 31st they ordered. So the higher the dot, the later they ordered. The more right the dot, the longer they waited. Up until now, most deliveries have been to people that ordered very close to Aug 31st (first orders which put them close to the bottom of the graph). But you can now see there are high dots (meaning they ordered way after the first orders were placed, around 5 months after aug 31st..i.e. Jan orders) that are close to the left edge (meaning they did not wait long for their car to be delivered).

Just to be clear, it seems that the group that got missed included the orders from September to about mid-January. They seem to be getting caught up with only the Sept and Oct orders currently.

youngr3 said:
Just to be clear, it seems that the group that got missed included the orders from September to about mid-January. They seem to be getting caught up with only the Sept and Oct orders currently.

A very good observation Youngr3. As I understand the situation, Nissan or a contractor assigned VINS to some late Jan/early Feb orders instead of to some Sept/Oct orders. To resolve this problem the searched high and low for "extra" cars to give to the Sept/Oct folks (dealer demos, cancelled orders, etc). But at the same time, they allowed the Jan/Feb 2011 orders to go through. At least for those who were assigned VINS. It is possible that a jan/feb orderer who had not been assigned a VIN before this problem came to light, will not get their car until later.

But the fact is, the 2011 orders are now being filled. (I suspect some of these folks are not adding their info to the database in order to avoid unwanted attention).

I reckon the cars that are going to these 2011 orders are the ones that would have gone to the late October, November, and December 2010 orders.

Sigh.

leafkabob said:
I reckon the cars that are going to these 2011 orders are the ones that would have gone to the late October, November, and December 2010 orders.

Sigh.

+10 (including the sigh)

How is this fair?

ahagge said:
leafkabob said:

Sigh.

+10 (including the sigh)

How is this fair?

Mistakes are made (and obviously were) but I don't understand why Nissan didn't correct it when they were made aware. As cars in Long Beach became ready last week for release and delivery, why did they ship it to someone who ordered in late January and not whoever was next in line? It's really not that hard!

gbshaun said:
Mistakes are made (and obviously were) but I don't understand why Nissan didn't correct it when they were made aware. As cars in Long Beach became ready last week for release and delivery, why did they ship it to someone who ordered in late January and not whoever was next in line? It's really not that hard!

Well in some cases I think they did try to address some of the folks who got left behind by reassigning some cars, but they probably can only do this in cases when the car matches the order and it belongs to someone significantly later on the list so that probably means it was difficult to address the situation for everyone. I hope that they can address the rest in the next batch of cars.

In terms of the situation in Long Beach, it's utterly clear that they have no good process for the order they deal with the cars once they arrive there. They've been applying the AC fix and shipping out the cars in seemingly random order (I'm sure it's related to their position at the dock and not utterly random). This led to situations like me getting my 7 day email on 3/17 and still being carless (dashboard now says 4/29- my car just got the AC fix but I haven't gotten confirmation it's on a truck yet), while many others with later April or May dates on the dashboard have received their vehicles, a lot of them people whose orders were later in September, October or further still.

I hope they've learned from this experience and improve their internal processes so this doesn't happen in the future. The AC situation certainly put a lot of strain on their delivery system and it's possible that without it we wouldn't have seen how disorganized their process was, but that really doesn't make customers feel better when they're dealing with it.

I'm guessing Nissan looks at this like airlines with cancelled flights. I was once told "we're sorry your flight was cancelled, but right now, YOU'RE the only one mad. If I bump someone else and put you in their seat, we now have 2 mad customers. It snowballs."
:?

TRONZ said:
BTW, not trying be cute but did the thread title mean to say Lane Jumper... or Line Jumper?

I think he meant "lane jumper" as he has repeatly objected to the phrase "line jumper." Kind of like saying "frigging" instead of "f___ing." Means the same thing, but is socially acceptable. ;)

Back