March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
Give it to drees ! http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2666&start=53
That'd be awesome. :) But there are others further up the list who haven't gotten their silver+QC Leaf, either.

On the topic of canceled orders and orphans - my co-worker (Sept order month, but couldn't order 'till Oct) canceled his Leaf as he's putting a deposit on a Tesla Model S instead. His dealership despite contacting them twice over 2 weeks never actually canceled his Leaf. He finally chatted with Nissan online and they canceled it for him. I suspect that the dealership was hoping it'd arrive on their lot as an orphan so they'd still get it?

Frankly, and knowing Universal Nissan I'm not surprised, it sounds like they are playing foot loose and fancy free with some of the facts...

Ingen said:
I just got a call from my dealership (Universal City Nissan) and they said they got confirmation from Nissan saying my car will be delivered the week of March 11. He also said that there is pressure from Nissan to get the car off the lot quickly, since there's so much demand for the car. So he was calling to confirm I was still on board to buy the car.

Unfortunately, I had to tell him that I'll need to cancel my order for the LEAF because I'm in the process of possibly buying a house I can't buy the car right now. I told him I would be back on the market for a LEAF as soon as I close on a place and he said that not to worry because he's getting quite a few cars coming in the next few months.

drees said:
On the topic of canceled orders and orphans - my co-worker (Sept order month, but couldn't order 'till Oct) canceled his Leaf as he's putting a deposit on a Tesla Model S instead. His dealership despite contacting them twice over 2 weeks never actually canceled his Leaf. He finally chatted with Nissan online and they canceled it for him. I suspect that the dealership was hoping it'd arrive on their lot as an orphan so they'd still get it?

mogur said:
Frankly, and knowing Universal Nissan I'm not surprised, it sounds like they are playing foot loose and fancy free with some of the facts...

That's a really good point. When I asked Universal Nissan if I need to call Nissan Corporate to cancel they were quick to say that there was no need. Honestly, as I've said in this forum before Universal Nissan has been really quite sketchy about their practices and I honestly could not recommend them as a dealership.

You can be sure I'm making a call to Nissan EV customer service in the morning.

EDIT: I fixed the misquote. Sorry, LEAFer.

( Minor gripe: Ingen is quoting me above; but that's not me talking ... look carefully. (I know it's an inadvertent error due to how "Quote" works on this forum.) )

( Thanks for fixing it. :) )

rclams said:
I just spoke with "Kevin" at the "Blink Call Center" 1-888-998-2546 . He will talk about my case with his supervisor tomorrow and call me back.
pksd1 said:
Hi, did they ever get back to you on this?
Yes and no. They didn't call back but, things are moving forward!

Around 9am I called the Blink Call Center again and highlighted my situation (LEAF delivery window opening next week; 240V, 40A circuit already run to garage).

The agent confirmed my email address and phone number and 45 minutes later I got an email from the EV Project titled: "Residential Participation Agreement - Signature Required".

A link in that email takes you to a customized webpage with your personal data (address) inserted into the form; two clicks later you have agreed to share your charging and LEAF driving data with the EV Project (data is merged into geographic regions so your personal driving habits are not published :roll: ) and they agree to install an EVSE (neither "Blink" nor "Level 2" is mentioned, BTW) at your home.

My guess is I'll get another email or call soon. :cool:

rclams said:
The agent confirmed my email address and phone number and 45 minutes later I got an email from the EV Project titled: "Residential Participation Agreement - Signature Required".

A link in that email takes you to a customized webpage with your personal data (address) inserted into the form; two clicks later you have agreed to share your charging and LEAF driving data with the EV Project (data is merged into geographic regions so your personal driving habits are not published :roll: ) and they agree to install an EVSE (neither "Blink" nor "Level 2" is mentioned, BTW) at your home.

My guess is I'll get another email or call soon. :cool:
I got the same email today, without any requests or action on my part, and I still have May pending delivery,

Glenn

pksd1 said:
Good morning March people. Now you can officially say that you are getting your LEAF this month :D
Yes, that's right. With a March 10 date, I've even told people we're getting our LEAF ...

... NEXT WEEK!

Been waiting nearly 40 years (since the first Oil Embargo in 1973) for the means and the opportunity.

Very, very pleased and excited.

Actually, it almost seems anti-climatic to me at this point... By the way, as of this morning, it has moved again, this time to "Week of March 15..." I've lost track of how many times it's changed in the last two weeks! It's kind of like trying to count horse flys!

pksd1 said:
Yeah, after waiting this long, you almost have to pinch yourself...its really going to happen. :)

Well someone is getting a silver one in the Bay Area. I was driving down hwy 101 near San Jose and saw a truck with a bunch of Infinities and 1 silver LEAF heading north.

Ugh! Just after I was moved back to my early March 18 date, Nissan slams me by changing it to March 28 today. That's six changes in 9 days. Hopefully it will change again to an earlier date. I have Spring Break off from work on March 19 to March 27. I want to get it when I'm off work!! Time will tell.

My delivery date moved around quite a bit just like everyone else here. However, I'm hopeful that our March 11 date will stick. It hasn't moved when some are still having a moving target. I think that maybe as the date gets closer, Nissan is more sure and changes the date less. So I'm looking forward to a week from Friday. In fact, my dealer said that on the last LEAF they delivered that it was one day earlier than the dashboard indicated.

I'm back to Week of March 11 today but I honestly pay no attention it it anymore. It'll be different again tomorrow anyway!

ERG4ALL said:
My delivery date moved around quite a bit just like everyone else here. However, I'm hopeful that our March 11 date will stick. It hasn't moved when some are still having a moving target. I think that maybe as the date gets closer, Nissan is more sure and changes the date less. So I'm looking forward to a week from Friday. In fact, my dealer said that on the last LEAF they delivered that it was one day earlier than the dashboard indicated.

Back