March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csriram45 said:
DeaneG said:
csriram45 said:
...It's possible that they were in port and could have been destroyed or stuck...
I'll bet our cars are on the Andromeda Spirit, if not already landed in the US:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&start=255
I definitely hope so :)
Over on the thread Deane point to MaryC has been tracking ship transit time from Japan to Long Beach and says it takes about 14 days. Apparently it also takes at least two weeks after cars arrive in Long Beach before they start to show up at dealers. It seems to me that those of us who were told around March 4 that our cars might be arriving as soon as the 25th can be quite certain that they had already been loaded on a ship at that date.

Ray

my dash just blinked from Week of Apr 7th (previously the 5th) to week of March 30th..so I felt compelled to now post in the March thread :) (though no doubt, I'll be back to the April thread by tomorrow...)

I can now officially join this group since I received notice of delivery for week of March 31, but who know how long this will last. Does anyone have any good advice on dealing with Ecotality for the installation of the charging dock? Is this like pulling teeth?

Like others, my 5 Apr -> 8 Apr -> 30 March.

If it's really only about 17 days away, I have to start getting serious
about deciding about this purchase, lease, or orphan question!

The Battery Capacity Warranty (none) is still my biggest issue.

garygid said:

And what toppings EVDriver wants.

I'm back to March 25 from April 6 yesterday, so I guess this thread's group will have to put up with me a while longer!

DeaneG said:
I'm back to March 25 from April 6 yesterday, so I guess this thread's group will have to put up with me a while longer!

I knew after reading yours that I would also have the same date and it indeed is :)
I guess our cars will arrive on the same day at BW Nissan.

garygid said:

If your order was for Black, I would counsel you to "orphan".:D But since it is not, my unsolicited advice would be to "lease".

- "Mark" from the AskSoCal panel

csriram45 said:
DeaneG said:

I knew after reading yours that I would also have the same date and it indeed is :)
I guess our cars will arrive on the same day at BW Nissan.

ditto for me. checking the spreadsheet, I see that each of your VINs is within about ten of mine (...697), so I'd be very surprised if all three of ours didn't become available for pickup at Boardwalk on the same date. I actually requested Brendan hold mine there until April 2nd, assuming it arrives prior, so that I can take delivery of it at our Bay Area meeting!

-Steve

For those who are bouncing back And forth between March and April - are most still without an assigned VIN? It would seem so from the spreedsheet.

hill said:
For those who are bouncing back And forth between March and April - are most still without an assigned VIN? It would seem so from the spreedsheet.
I've had a VIN (..594) for a couple of weeks worth of March-April bouncing.

Hey Marchies! I'm sure this has been said in either this thread or a million others, but just in case folks aren't aware... The email you get from Nissan saying your car will be at the dealer within 7 days, doesn't necessarily mean that it will be at the dealer within 7 days. Just a summary, DB = Week of March 11th, Ecotality was told 'By the 13th', 7 day email came March 6, March 13th has come and gone with no car. I'm pretty sure it must be close since 'Week of March 11' deliveries have been taking place all over Cali.

azdre said:
Hey Marchies! I'm sure this has been said in either this thread or a million others, but just in case folks aren't aware... The email you get from Nissan saying your car will be at the dealer within 7 days, doesn't necessarily mean that it will be at the dealer within 7 days. Just a summary, DB = Week of March 11th, Ecotality was told 'By the 13th', 7 day email came March 6, March 13th has come and gone with no car. I'm pretty sure it must be close since 'Week of March 11' deliveries have been taking place all over Cali.

I keep hearing about this mythical Cali place, is that in Phoenix or Jersey?

It can also work the other direction. My last update was Week of March 11 (after it moving 5 times) and I picked up mine on the third...

azdre said:

Back