March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...n-vows-to-get-Leaf-EVs-to-customers-by-summer
Nissan Motor Co. is promising to deliver its electric Leaf cars by the end of September to everyone in the United States who reserved them.
"We're going to make sure that customers get their cars well before the end of summer," Carolin said
"September." "Well before the end of summer." That would be what, August 61st? And no, not even Fall Equinox could explain the dates. But at least there is good information and good promises in Carolin's comments.
Nissan sold 106 Leafs in December and January, including 87 last month.
Carolin predicted "a few hundred" would be sold in February. ... Production will ramp up in March in Japan. "It's going to be thousands"
Interestingly he cites about a 40% reservation conversion rate, and Nissan appears to be counting on that so they will only have to sell 8,000 cars to serve all 20,000 reservation holders who finally want to buy/lease. I wonder what they'd do if all dealers were selling like Mossy Nissan, with a 94% conversion rate.

palmermd said:
avanti5110 said:
Dealer called today. I'm scheduled for a March delivery (no date yet).
I ordered on October 30 or 31
smkettner said:
Maybe that is good for me also as I ordered 30 days in front of you.

I ordered 58 days before and I'm still showing April delivery.

I remember your order, you were going out of town at the time I believe. I noticed the anomalies in your order timing.

EVDRIVER said:
I remember your order, you were going out of town at the time I believe. I noticed the anomalies in your order timing.

There should not be any anomalies as far as Nissan is concerned. Yes I was worried about whether I was going to get my order in before I left for vacation. I thought I should be able to order on Sept. 1 because I was very quick in getting my reservation complete on April 20. It turns out I was able to order on Sept. 3rd at 8am. I left on my vacation as scheduled on Sept 4th at 8am. No problems. Now I'm just waiting for the car. I think there has been some bad information about some of the other deliveries. So far, with the exception of the "marketing deliveries" Nissan has done a fairly good job of delivering cars in the order of reservation/order confirmation. I expect that they will continue to do so and some of the reports of dealers getting cars and late orders getting cars is just bad information.

avanti5010 said:
I ordered on October 30 or 31 :D
I suspect that your car goes into production in March - and will be delivered appx 6 week after that...

Maybe Nissan was trying for a "No Order Left Behind" queue processing,
but that got tangled with AV, EVP, and DB "peculiarities" and delays
on too many folks in the queue?

Things may be changing. I ordered on December 1 and just received a call from my dealer saying the car will be built in March. She said that she was happy to receive a batch of such confirmations.

Desertstraw said:
Things may be changing. I ordered on December 1 and just received a call from my dealer saying the car will be built in March. She said that she was happy to receive a batch of such confirmations.

After reading some of these recent posts, I decided to check my account. The last time I checked, a day or two ago, it said "pending." Today it says delivery date is Month of April!

I did not order until December 10, although i did reserve on April 20 and could have ordered October 29 (silly me, I thought it seemed crazy to order a car I had not seen or driven so I decided to wait until after my test drive).

Avanti and Desertstraw are also in Arizona, so perhaps location is playing a part here.

I will be ecstatic with an April delivery. :D

avanti5010 said:
I ordered on October 30 or 31 :D
I think the dealer is confused. The car will be built in March. So the delivery will be in April, like others are reporting.

According to Reuters, all present LEAF orders should be satisfied by the end of summer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/08/us-nissan-leaf-idUSTRE71707V20110208

So maybe the wait will be over, or will it.

Okay sports fans, I ordered 01/6 but given all the movement reported in the last couple of days I checked my dashboard this morning. It has moved from 'Pending' to ' Month of May'.

:D

Edit: Oh, and my color selection option has gone away.

I got the Nissan "your one of the first car owner" email today

I guess the next email will be the your 1 week away email.

I just checked my dashboard. With an order date of December 1, pending has been changed to month of April.

Back