May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is just back to Month of May (it went to July, then to June).. no "week of" just May, so probably on the next ship and will be near the end of May.

~Dave

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:
Yep, if he had used a period instead, the meaning would have been different. You don't have to use two. One should be sufficient. I'm surprised you couldn't remember that from your English classes.
Hmmm...Bitter are we? Taking offense at small turns of phrase do you. Much anger do I sense.

Can't you just feel the LUUUUUUVVVVEEE surging here? Let's all join hands and sing "Kumbaya" around the campfire.

Fact: Nissan screwed an earlier "forgotten order" RAQ in favor of a "lucky duck" RAQ :( . It is what it is.

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:
Yep, if he had used a period instead, the meaning would have been different. You don't have to use two. One should be sufficient. I'm surprised you couldn't remember that from your English classes.
Hmmm...Bitter are we? Taking offense at small turns of phrase do you. Much anger do I sense.
Yowser! And I thought I was getting bent by the wait... The wait is seriously frustrating, but among ourselves, I'm for supporting each other. It's unfortunate that Nissan has not done more to come forward about the order mixups where Nissan has made a mistake and moved what I'll presume are 100's of orders ahead of the queue and apparently not taking singificant steps to correct the existing issues, they are only preventing it from happening in the future.

Where do I get off presuming a Nissan mistake allowed 100's of orders to jump the queue? Based on the data in the spreadsheet and the ratio of wild orders to the ones we have tracked, I'm guessing close to a dozen out of orders have been delivered. We also see earlier orders pushed out to June and July while many of the out of orders are still showing May. I venture those showing May are already built, likely in Port. Nissan CS, based on the semi-inaccurate information they get, says my car is scheduled to be built in May. So I presume the July deliveries and likely June have not been built yet.

There is the idea that only those with VINs assigned now will actually jump the queue. I'm thinking they'll be more queue order jumps than just those with VINs, otherwise Nissan is doing the jumped orders a disservice by keeping them thinking they'll get it in May, wheresas if they put them back where they should be, they'd be past July. Nissan has not provided even a ball park number of the out of order deliveries. So they'll have to tolerate the speculation in the vacuum of hard information from Nissan. Therefore, my speculation is there will be over 100 out of queue order deliveries unless Nissan takes further steps to correct this mistake now.

Between us purchasers, I'm annoued (See? I'm SO annoyed, I can't spell annoyed!!!) by the mistake. Though if I meet someone who has gotten an early delivery due to Nissan's mixup, I'm going to be happy to see them and congratulate them, because it's another LEAF on the road, a like minded person that we probably have lots of things to talk about in this new experience of LEAF ownership, and their good luck was most certainly not their fault. Maybe they'll let me bask within 100 feet of their LEAF! Don't feed the bears and hand me the keys, though, you LEAF may drive away! :) :eek: It's Nissan's mess up. And while they haven't waited as long as the rest of us, waiting over a couple weeks to get any vehicle can quickly become a frustrating experience. Ahh...but when we finally get our LEAFs, that will be a happy day! Delivery Day!

LEAFfan said:

Whoa...chill out a little. There is no reason for us to be getting so testy with each other..

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:

Nope, no bitterness or anger at all, just surprised you don't know your grammar.

ElectricVehicle said:
There is the idea that only those with VINs assigned now will actually jump the queue. I'm thinking they'll be more queue order jumps than just those with VINs, otherwise Nissan is doing the jumped orders a disservice by keeping them thinking they'll get it in May, wheresas if they put them back where they should be, they'd be past July. Nissan has not provided even a ball park number of the out of order deliveries. So they'll have to tolerate the speculation in the vacuum of hard information from Nissan. Therefore, my speculation is there will be over 100 out of queue order deliveries unless Nissan takes further steps to correct this mistake now.

Between us purchasers, I'm annoued (See? I'm SO annoyed, I can't spell annoyed!!!) by the mistake. Though if I meet someone who has gotten an early delivery due to Nissan's mixup, I'm going to be happy to see them and congratulate them, because it's another LEAF on the road, a like minded person that we probably have lots of things to talk about in this new experience of LEAF ownership, and their good luck was most certainly not their fault. Maybe they'll let me bask within 100 feet of their LEAF! Don't feed the bears and hand me the keys, though, you LEAF may drive away! :) :eek: It's Nissan's mess up. And while they haven't waited as long as the rest of us, waiting over a couple weeks to get any vehicle can quickly become a frustrating experience. Ahh...but when we finally get our LEAFs, that will be a happy day! Delivery Day!

Excellent post that I concur with ElectricVehicle. The Nissan order SNAFU leaves a lot of people with a right to be annoyed. I'm hoping we all have our Leafs within 4 to 6 weeks and we'll be much happier!

Based on the Wednesday 04-20-2011 Nissan press release http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=06C184862CD3D744B959C33CFD454CCC?&id=2414 and the report on http://www.detnews.com/article/20110420/AUTO01/104200388/1361/Nissan-to-increase-North-American-production--Leaf-offerings I projected in a separate posting on page http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949&start=1160 that Nissan needs 909 Leafs to fill all the Sept through Dec orders. They have rougly that many at Long Beach. Nissan is projecting delivering 448 Leafs in April in the US, and if they deliver the rest of the Leafs at Long Beach in May, they may get all of the Sept to December orders filled by the end of May.

But accomplishing that depends on how quickly they caught the horrendous order SNAFU and how they are going about correcting it. Spreadsheet only shows a few deliveries to January orders. But there are quite a few January / February orders that still show dashboard delivery projections in the next couple months. Spreadsheet has roughly 50 orders that got projected deliveries of < 4 months from order. And 30 of these have VINs. Based on the % of people reporting orders in the spreadsheet, order SNAFU affected between 150 and 200 orders being given delivery projections earlier than they should have been given.

If they stick by all the projections / VIN #s they gave to later orders they could be short having enough Leafs to fill all the earlier orders, and some # of earlier orders could end up waiting for delivery in late June / July. They do have a ship headed to Long Beach with some # of Leafs on it that were shipped and/or manufactured post 03-11-2011, so there is a chance they have just enough Leafs to fill all the earlier orders and all the later orders that they incorrectly assigned Leafs to and attempt to put the order SNAFU behind them.

But I still believe Nissan would have been much better off to provide more detailed information on the order SNAFU and a straight up apology. They have shared a few bits here and there with individuals in phone conversations which they have then shared on MNL. But a straight up detailed explanation of the human performance error that caused the order SNAFU and an apology would have gone a lot further than press releases and new waves of very expensive television ads.

It is hard to get over the bad public relations of inadequately communicating to several hundred intense early adopters whose orders got lost or shuffled to the back of the queue for some period of time.

I still look forward to getting the Leaf and I share that enthusiasm with my friends and co-workers. But they also hear the whole story. An order SNAFU with no explanation or apology. A four page disclaimer only provided at the point of ordering about warranty (or lack thereof on the battery) and uncertainties of suitability in cold climate (TN has gotten to -24F before, not often, but once in a long while). And a completely unnecessary lack of any information about option details to place the order.

Overall Nissan has done very well with the Leaf roll-out. But it doesn't take too many flaws to reduce the value of the diamond.

ElectricVehicle said:
Between us purchasers, I'm annoued (See? I'm SO annoyed, I can't spell annoyed!!!) by the mistake. Though if I meet someone who has gotten an early delivery due to Nissan's mixup, I'm going to be happy to see them and congratulate them, because it's another LEAF on the road, a like minded person that we probably have lots of things to talk about in this new experience of LEAF ownership, and their good luck was most certainly not their fault.
I want to say thank you to ElectricVehicle and davewill for your positive attitudes! You certainly have cause to be upset with the situation and to be angry at Nissan, and still you promote civil discourse! (By the way, for the grammarians among us, the use of exclamation marks is intentional to show that I am very thankful for your contributions. ;) )

Maybe they'll let me bask within 100 feet of their LEAF!
Or even let you drive it. But I think it's likely that you will get your car before I get mine, though my total wait will have been shorter than yours. In fact I hope you get your car before I do. It's only fair! (Exclamation intentional) But whenever my car arrives, I'm not going to refuse delivery!! (Two exclamations intentional)

walterbays said:
ElectricVehicle said:
Between us purchasers, I'm annoued (See? I'm SO annoyed, I can't spell annoyed!!!) by the mistake. Though if I meet someone who has gotten an early delivery due to Nissan's mixup, I'm going to be happy to see them and congratulate them, because it's another LEAF on the road, a like minded person that we probably have lots of things to talk about in this new experience of LEAF ownership, and their good luck was most certainly not their fault.
I want to say thank you to ElectricVehicle and davewill for your positive attitudes! You certainly have cause to be upset with the situation and to be angry at Nissan, and still you promote civil discourse! (By the way, for the grammarians among us, the use of exclamation marks is intentional to show that I am very thankful for your contributions. ;) )

Or even let you drive it. But I think it's likely that you will get your car before I get mine, though my total wait will have been shorter than yours. In fact I hope you get your car before I do. It's only fair! (Exclamation intentional) But whenever my car arrives, I'm not going to refuse delivery!! (Two exclamations intentional)

Very lame...my point (excuse the pun) was that the OP was complaining about his date changing when he was a leapfrog. The poster didn't care about all those people ahead in the reservation/ordering process. I see no positive attitudes with supporting people who are complaining leapfrogs.

I no longer believe there were MISTAKES or a "computer glitch." Based on the fact that Nissan has given us nothing but misinformation, I now believe that Nissan has never had any system, and has just been filling orders at random. I was given a vin number (1201, which still shows on my owner's portal) but I have a JULY delivery estimate. How is this possible? Simple: They decided to sell the car to me, then decided to sell it to someone else instead. This was after they had told me my car was "lost." How do you lose a car? You don't. The car originally allocated to me, they decided to sell to someone else. So two cars were briefly "mine" and now I'm back to July. Of course, customer service promises to find out where "my" car is and call me back, but they never do. I have never yet gotten anything from cs but lies and promises. Just like everyone else who made the mistake of trusting Nissan.

And there's not a damn thing I can do about it, because if I cancel my order, someone else will buy the car if one ever does come for me. But I'll tell you this, if some day Nissan ever needs something from me, they can suck a toad.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not in the spreadsheet because I don't have a Google account. Yes, I know I can get one for free. I just don't want one.

LEAFfan said:
walterbays said:
ElectricVehicle said:

Very lame...my point (excuse the pun) was that the OP was complaining about his date changing when he was a leapfrog. The poster didn't care about all those people ahead in the reservation/ordering process. I see no positive attitudes with supporting people who are complaining leapfrogs.

there is no leapfrog to this. he was a lucky duck.
he didnt leap anything. the nissan god made him lucky.

bye bye April. Hello MAY.
the Nissan god just moved me into May, on the dashboard.
Chat told me my ac was done april 15.
7-day email april 19.
:lol:

by the way, i think the real data should be reserve date to delivery NOT order date to delivery.

I love hanging around this forum because I left a great affinity towards people who love the Leaf or love the idea behind a zero emission vehicle. It points to the statistic that we're either fans of technology and innovation, or we're fans behind the movement towards better environmental awareness and a lifestyle that leads to lowering our carbon footprint.

At the same time I enjoy everyone's posts because I felt that the general public here are intelligent, and mature. On top of that, I left even more affinity with those in the May delivery timeline because we're the batch that reserved last year, went through the thrill of waiting for the order email, the excitement on every news related to the Leaf afterwards, the emotions with the failed promises in small deliveries, then the recent sadness and uncertainty after the disaster in Japan.

We watched the lucky members who checked their email hours before we did and therefore get to pick up their cars many months ahead, and we then find other lucky members who get to have their cars even though they ordered after October. I'm embarrassed to say that there are nights where I went to sleep frustrated, wishing that I could have been more lucky... all this over a car reservation! :D

I don't have much to add, but to say that I'm gonna feel pretty victorious by the time that I get to sit in my own Leaf after the complimentary roller coaster ride that Nissan put us on before getting our EV's. :)

Lanzer said:
I love hanging around this forum because I left a great affinity towards people who love the Leaf or love the idea behind a zero emission vehicle. It points to the statistic that we're either fans of technology and innovation, or we're fans behind the movement towards better environmental awareness and a lifestyle that leads to lowering our carbon footprint.

At the same time I enjoy everyone's posts because I felt that the general public here are intelligent, and mature. On top of that, I left even more affinity with those in the May delivery timeline because we're the batch that reserved last year, went through the thrill of waiting for the order email, the excitement on every news related to the Leaf afterwards, the emotions with the failed promises in small deliveries, then the recent sadness and uncertainty after the disaster in Japan.

We watched the lucky members who checked their email hours before we did and therefore get to pick up their cars many months ahead, and we then find other lucky members who get to have their cars even though they ordered after October. I'm embarrassed to say that there are nights where I went to sleep frustrated, wishing that I could have been more lucky... all this over a car reservation! :D

I don't have much to add, but to say that I'm gonna feel pretty victorious by the time that I get to sit in my own Leaf after the complimentary roller coaster ride that Nissan put us on before getting our EV's. :)
That pretty much sums up the experience of the few LEAF owners to whom I have spoken. I anticipate feeling the same way. Despite the emotional roller coaster, my co-workers and friends all remark about my unbridled passion for the car when they hear me speak about it.

daniel said:
Oh, and BTW, I'm not in the spreadsheet because I don't have a Google account. Yes, I know I can get one for free. I just don't want one.
No google account needed. Open the spreadsheet, click and follow the instructions tab. Member Turbo2liter does all the updates after you submit them.

LEAFfan said:
blackleaf said:
Anyone out there have a lot of change in delivery prediction in the last couple days? Mine was stable on week of april 26th for a solid month, and then Monday went to May 6th, and then May 16th!
Excuse me! He wasn't complaining? You, my friend, need an English refresher. Yes, he was and he shouldn't be. What do you think an exclamation mark means? Maybe you need to read his post again?
It's an exclamation point, not a complaint mark. He was exclaiming about something. He might have been doing it as a complaint, but I think it would be just as valid to interpret as simply surprise at how volatile the date was being.

I'm thinking that I'm destined to be a May(be). DB just changed from Delivery week of April 28 to May 2. Hopefully it won't go back to June. Just waiting for the call from my dealer, wait I hear my phone ringing...

VIN 1265

yep...me too...

Pending
Month of April
Month of May
Pending
Month of June
Week of April 15
Week of April 28
Week of May 5

We're getting close, but golly this waiting stuff is tough!

Back