May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hanging onto week of May 6 since the beginning of April, just slipped to week of May 12th. Reservation placed on 4/20 and order on 10/1. Nissan isn't going to make this easy. At least the Blink is being installed tomorrow.

gardo said:
After hanging onto week of May 6 since the beginning of April, just slipped to week of May 12th. Reservation placed on 4/20 and order on 10/1. Nissan isn't going to make this easy. At least the Blink is being installed tomorrow.

I'm very close to you. Blink was installed last week. Order on 9/30. Just bumped to May 12, from May 6.

Mine updated again today as well...

April -> May -> Pending -> May 2nd -> May 6th -> May 12th

TonyWilliams said:
gardo said:
I'm very close to you. Blink was installed last week. Order on 9/30. Just bumped to May 12, from May 6.
I was May 6th an hour or so ago, but I was also bumped to May 12th.

This morning I looked on my portal and saw that I had been moved from May 6th to May 12th with of course, no explanation. The good news is that the Blink install still seems to be on target for may 5th.

Spotted a truck with 3 blue and 2 red LEAFs driving north on Lawrence turning on El Camino in Santa Clara, CA. My money is on Nissan Sunnyvale. There will be 5 happy people today. Good luck! (will double-post this message on the April thread too, just in case some April folks are actually the owners and they don't read this thread).

I've been holding steady at May 6th for a while. Just saw a GP on my way to work. I wish it was mine. Whoever has a GP in San Diego, 4S Ranch area...hopefully, you won't be the only one for too much longer. :)

Just received word from CS that my car arrived [EDIT: 25] April 2011, in the Port of Los Angeles. That's about the time they updated my date to "Week of May 12". I suspect that the previous change was when the car was scanned being loaded on the boat in Japan. The time before that when it was built? (mine was built 25 March 2011)

CS says the they can do about 100 cars per day with the modifications required (about 40 minutes each) before being shipped to our dealers.

I suspect that everybody who has May 12 now, was on that boat.

TonyWilliams said:
CS says the they can do about 100 cars per day with the modifications required (about 40 minutes each) before being shipped to our dealers. I suspect that everybody who has May 12 now, was on that boat.

They may do about 100 cars a day, but I guarantee you they aren't being shipped when they are finished. They line 'em up and wait until there is enough to either load a train or load onto a truck, depending on their dealer destination. Mine has been 'released' (everything finished) and has been waiting on the dock for shipment since Apr. 15th.

TonyWilliams said:
CS says the they can do about 100 cars per day with the modifications required (about 40 minutes each) before being shipped to our dealers.
By the look of the CA rebate it looks like 100 per week not per day.

Called CS. This is what I could dig out. Car came here Mar 29, was on the ship that left jus the day before the Tsunami. Apr 19, the software update wasdone. Since then its just been there waiting to be transported to the dealer. My PD is Tustin Nissan. DB shifted to May 5.

My DB has said "month of May" for weeks. As May drew closer and closer, but no delivery date appeared, I've been afraid I would slip to June. But ecotality called the other day to install the charger. I asked him if he showed a delivery date for me, and he said May 23. Anybody know if that might be accurate?

I seem to be behind everyone else in this cycle, so tonight I will go to bed expecting to wake up to "week of May 12, 2011" showing on my DB. :(

Back