Month of X to Pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add my voice to the chorus of those singing.....
"month of April, 2011 --> Pending --> Week of May 2nd

Pre-purchase checklist open but not Carwings
Nissan CS called today to say they had "located a car" for me and would call again early next week with more details (like they located the car that was originally allocated to me?). They also told me to ignore my Dashboard, which I thought was odd.
My PD also called and I walked him through Brendan's procedure. I wasn't on his list :cry: but he was very optimistic that the week of May 2 date was good.

gascant said:
Pre-purchase checklist open but not Carwings.
My Carwings tab has been open since March and has never actually worked.
I activated Carwings through the Own tab that went right to the owners' portal including listed VIN.

My CW tab still does nothing. :roll: CW tab does say it was activated in March.

Launch the owners portal and the initial sceen has the full VIN right there.
Then under "manage account" click on "edit/add vehicle information" to update carwings
The VIN is listed in this vehicle information screen also. It is in a box that does not allow edit.

smkettner said:
Launch the owners portal and the initial sceen has the full VIN right there.
Then under "manage account" click on "edit/add vehicle information" to update carwings
The VIN is listed in this vehicle information screen also. It is in a box that does not allow edit.
I guess I have to wait for the owners portal to open then. We'll see what next week brings (although I won't have to check my DB 10X daily between now and then :lol: )

Now week of May 2 as well, though there was no e-mail. The pre-purchase checklist is open but no Carwings or VIN. I squeaked with a couple of CS people this last week, and the second one seemed to have a clue.

smkettner said:
My CW tab still does nothing. :roll: CW tab does say it was activated in March.
Exactly right. CARWINGS is activated, but as the car itself has not been activated, you will see nothing. I experienced the same with my vehicle. Once at the dealer, and CARWINGS was activated in the car, then information started flowing.

Some have mentioned that they were able to see info briefly. Perhaps while the system was being tested at the port they happened to log in to CARWINGS at the same time. Once tested, the vehicle is disconnected from the system and no further info shows up until activated at the dealer upon delivery.

My DB just changed to Month of June. My PD and CS say I have a car here and it is in the port at Long Beach. CS also walked me through activating CARWINGs. I see most everyone else close to my order date has a delivery between 4/14 and 5/2. I can only wait and see what happens next. :?

Web now shows Week of May 2. I am a Reservation 4/20 Order 10/1 (should have been September but had Nissan errors). The Carwings isn't open yet but the pre-purchase checklist is. Hopefully this sticks and isn't another teaser. I was a month of April, then May, then pending.

452 LEAFs have been delivered in the US to date (4/11/2011) according to this article, which is actually fairly balanced on the Nissan Leaf's restart problem. FYI for those tracking using the spreadsheet and other means. The MNL LEAF Delivery spreadsheet shows 133 US LEAF deliveries as of 4/9/2011, roughly 30% of the total deliveries.
By Doron Levin, contributor
April 11, 2011: 1:57 PM ET
Leaf went on sale globally in December; only 452 have been delivered to date in the U.S.
Nissan Leaf's restart problem

My CarWings just let me add the vehicle. I got my VIN (edited out for now - see next paragraph) but my delivery date is still June. This date is inconsistent with all the other VINs that low. I suspect that my complaint yesterday with Nissan chat resulted in someone reallocating one of those Leafs previously designated as a dealer demo to me, or maybe an orphan. That's pure speculation, but I'm happy to see progress.

Edit: WHOA! I just saw from the spreadsheet that my VIN was already assigned to someone else. The car he/she ordered has almost the same configuration as mine and the same dealer, except his is an SL-e and I was not accepted into the program. Interesting. I wonder if that person canceled? I'm going to contact my dealer ASAP.

Rat said:
Edit: WHOA! I just saw from the spreadsheet that my VIN was already assigned to someone else.
Very interesting - so it appears that Nissan is indeed reassigning VINs to fix the out-of-order delivery issues.

drees said:
Very interesting - so it appears that Nissan is indeed reassigning VINs to fix the out-of-order delivery issues.
I think we have a pretty good idea that orphans and/or demos are being reassigned. I am not sure that we have evidence yet of any "order date" reassignments.

Beachcliffs said:
drees said:
I think we have a pretty good idea that orphans and/or demos are being reassigned. I am not sure that we have evidence yet of any "order date" reassignments.
Right - we must keep our eyes on NNA - they might give an orphan to one of those February order people. ;)

Rat said:
My CarWings just let me add the vehicle. I got my VIN (edited out for now - see next paragraph) but my delivery date is still June. This date is inconsistent with all the other VINs that low. I suspect that my complaint yesterday with Nissan chat resulted in someone reallocating one of those Leafs previously designated as a dealer demo to me, or maybe an orphan. That's pure speculation, but I'm happy to see progress.

Edit: WHOA! I just saw from the spreadsheet that my VIN was already assigned to someone else. The car he/she ordered has almost the same configuration as mine and the same dealer, except his is an SL-e and I was not accepted into the program. Interesting. I wonder if that person canceled? I'm going to contact my dealer ASAP.
I got a partial explanation from my dealer. It seems that another member here had originally ordered an SV and that SV was built and en route to the dealer when the EV Project opened up in the Bay Area so that member upgraded to the SL-e and was accepted into the EV Project. The car thus became an orphan. When I complained via live chat about being the only Bay Area buyer who ordered in September but had a June delivery date apparently someone somewhere (dealer doesn't know where) reassigned that orphan to me. However, I, too upgraded from SV to SL+QC. Even though I was not accepted into the EV Project I still wanted the upgrade (which was made on 2/2, well before the earthquake). Thus I don't want that orphan SV either. Somehow Nissan did not know that I was ordering an SL even though I have repeatedly complained to them about my dashboard still showing the SV. They always told me they had a record of my change to SL and it would be built the way I ordered it (i.e. with the upgrade). In fact, they (Nissan NA CS) told me repeatedly in February it was on the assembly line on 2/4/11. Now they are saying that information was wrong and that it was not in production back then. They also (finally) are trying to track down why I am still showing as assigned to an SV. My best hope now is that my configuration is the most common color/option and they may be able to reassign a car meeting my specs. In the meantime I am assigned in CarWings to a car I won't be buying. >: sigh :<

drees said:
[Very interesting - so it appears that Nissan is indeed reassigning VINs to fix the out-of-order delivery issues.
After the earthquake my DB went from May to pending and I also took the opportunity to upgrade from SV to SL. I assumed that my car wasn't built yet. However, now I see lots of folks on the spreadsheet with later reserve/order dates than me, but still showing April/May/June/July delivery estimates. Hmmm, maybe my car was already made, my change bumped me back another couple of months, and now there's another red SV available. Oops.

I'm not planning to complain. I don't need the car and ride a bicycle to work anyway. I just want to make sure it's here before the snow flies.

Reddy....
and waiting for my new Leaf

Back