My DIY L6-30R 240v 30 AMP home install

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnrhansen said:
I work in aviation. There's lots of codes, processes and procedures, and I follow them all. There's a saying amongst pilots that the rules were written in blood, meaning they all were a reaction to an accident of some kind.

Those rules are indeed written in blood. I can point to virtually any part of the plane and name an accident caused from that part, and name the subsequent process, rule, hardware or software, training, or other change as a result of that accident. However, as this non-standard wiring job demonstrates, humans are the largest singular factor in diminished safety.

The best way for pilots going forward is to replace one of the two pilots with a dog. The remaining pilot is there to feed the dog, and the dog is there to bite the hand of the pilot should he try to touch anything.

That is true safety... no human interaction!

:( You really didn't want to listen eh? You should have replaced the wire you used with Romex/NM-B wire. The way you tried to run your conduit just touching the plastic junction box is not correct.

QueenBee said:
:( You really didn't want to listen eh? You should have replaced the wire you used with Romex/NM-B wire. The way you tried to run your conduit just touching the plastic junction box is not correct.
I might replace the junction box to accept the 1/2" conduit connector. I like my wire.

Andrei said:
QueenBee said:
I might replace the junction box to accept the 1/2" conduit connector. I like my wire.

Your fondness of your wire continues to lead you down the path of doing things incorrectly.

Back