My Leaf made the front page of the paper

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great promo for the LEAF, Mark! Your comparison of EV charging, range & depletion to ICEVs gassing, range & depletion was very well described. Relating the comparable towing circumstances made it easily understood that an owner wouldn't be abandoned. Your positive responses clarified the workings of EVs to the (interested but) uninitiated in a manner that would easily dissipate any FUD. Well done. :)

Nicely put Mark.

Though I cringed when I read this:
"Stop-and-go driving activates the regenerative braking so you can actually charge your car as you are driving."

I'm not sure if that's a direct quote or if the journalist mangled your words. Either way, some people may read this as it's a perpetual motion machine. :lol:

bill

Electric4Me said:
Nicely put Mark.

"Stop-and-go driving activates the regenerative braking so you can actually charge your car as you are driving."

I'm not sure if that's a direct quote or if the journalist mangled your words. Either way, some people may read this as it's a perpetual motion machine. :lol:

bill

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, coasting w/o regen in the city will save you more kW hs and increase your m/kW h more than with using regen.

LEAFfan said:
Mark, coasting w/o regen in the city will save you more kW hs and increase your m/kW h more than with using regen.

I've wondered about that. I have also wondered if driving up hills in ECO is using more kW hs.

Electric4Me said:
Well, if you're driving downhill for a significant period you can actually "charge your car as you are driving".

mhigley said:
I've wondered about that. I have also wondered if driving up hills in ECO is using more kW hs.
No, driving in ECO does not change how much energy the motor uses, just the acceleration profile (mash the pedal down more for the same acceleration) and the regen profile (apply more regen without having to use the brake pedal) and some details about how climate control works.

mhigley said:

It's not the uphill that uses more energy, it's regen'ing down hill instead of gaining speed to be used up the following hill.

Back