My Leaf replaces...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Leaf replaced a 1997 BMW M3. Loved that car but finally needed something new. Been watching electric for a while and it finally seems like the major brand support and charging infrastructure is there to make it convenient now.

It is a 3rd car, but quickly getting the bulk of our day to day driving. Too fun to drive and don't want to risk having to buy gas any time soon! We have a 4 door luxury sedan for longer trips and an SUV for hauling stuff. Already thinking my next car might be the Infinity.

Our Leaf (when we get it in June) will be replacing a 2012 Volvo S60 T5 that we just purchased in October 2011! If only we'd been aware of the Leaf then... oh well! We love the Volvo but have never been as excited about a car as we are about the Leaf. :)

Alright, this is BIG! First I cut the cord (got rid of cable tv) now I'm going to "Dump the Pump". No lie- I just ordered the Nissan Leaf SL! Glacier Pearl. I should take delivery in July. I'm very excited! Also, a bit nervous.

It will replace a Chili red 2006 SAAB 9-3

My Leaf replaces a 2002 Toyota Camry V6. I kept the Camry for a few long drives per year to go backpacking and cross-country skiing, but only use it about 5 times per year. Mileage estimates per year:

Leaf - 10,000
Camry - 3,000-4,000

My Leaf replaced a 2004 Hyundai Sonata V6 that was costing me about $150 a month on gas since I only drive about 800 miles a month. It looks like the Leaf will cost me about $15 a month with the charging station.

...A fully loaded 2008 BMW 750i. I loved that car, but after putting in a 4.8 kW solar array, I had about 10kWh per day of excess capacity, and a pure BEV is a great way to put it to use. Gas savings alone will practically pay for the lease. I got the 3 year lease so I can drive my 2012 Leaf SL for 3 years and then jump into the next great thing, like the lower-end Tesla model S.

It would be nice to see 110 miles of actual range so I could drive from Santa Clara to San Francisco and back home without stopping for a recharge. Right now I can easily do the round trip to Alice's Restaurant via CA-35 on 80% charge, which covers some of my favorite photography and hiking/biking stops. Perhaps I can try Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay next, I'll have to investigate recharge points first.

Backup vehicle is a 1998 Ford Explorer 2WD with about 45k miles. Good for hauling big/heavy stuff or long road trips.

--John

My 15 year old F-150 Truck was in great shape but knowing that the amount I spent on gas would 90% pay the lease it was an easy choice.

I now have the Blue Leaf SL Very fun to drive.

John

My LEAF replaced a 2004 Ford Freestar minivan that was getting 17 m.p.h. at the time of trade in. The money saved from not buying gasoline is making the car payment.

We both work 50-55 miles from home and use the LEAF as a commute vehicle, with our days off as a local errand runner.

My Leaf replaces a 2004 Nissan XTerra 4x4 that was getting about 20 Mpg at time of trade-in. Like so many others my lease payment is more then covered by the amount of saving from not buying gasoline.
I drive ~40 miles round trip everyday for work and this works out nicely.

I have convinced my company to put in a L2 EVSE to increase their LEED score as they are a tech company that consumes massive amounts of electrical power each month, they saw it as a good way to go. Hopefully the EVSE will be installed in the next month or so.

Once it's in I will not charge at home nearly as much, so looking forward to that. :D

JasonT said:
2000 Mazda Miata. My first new car and I loved it. But I don't miss it in the least.

Cool... Exactly what my LEAF replaced! I didn't buy my Miata new, though. Parted ways at 80K miles. I loved it but it was time to get off the gas.

2012 Nissan Maxima will save 315 dollars a month with gas maintenance and a lower payment Drive 12000 miles a year at 3.91 gallon Max was getting 17 mpg average. Daily commute is 15 mile round trip best news I work at a. Nissan Dealer and they have 3 charging stations Just got the last 2012 in Black SV. Love it :lol:

My 2012 Leaf replaced a 2011 Kia Forte 5 door.

It was a good car, weak radio, but I averaged about 25mpg for my daily driving... My estimated fuel savings are approx. 200 a month.

My LEAF replaces a 2002 Chrysler minivan that had 120,067 miles on it. The van now sits in the driveway for long trips to LA once every other month. Other than those trips, I LOVE my LEAF, and it has more than enough range for all of my local driving.

My 1988 Corolla has 242k miles on it, and much beloved. It allowed me years of cheap miles, and at 34MPG, better than most cars today that are hyped as being fuel efficient (here in the US).

I live in Boulder, Colorado, and just got my 2012 Leaf SL yesterday. I'd love to learn more about driving it efficiently. I know the basics, but I'm now looking for advanced driving techniques.

galacticdev said:
My 1988 Corolla has 242k miles on it, and much beloved. It allowed me years of cheap miles, and at 34MPG, better than most cars today that are hyped as being fuel efficient (here in the US).

I live in Boulder, Colorado, and just got my 2012 Leaf SL yesterday. I'd love to learn more about driving it efficiently. I know the basics, but I'm now looking for advanced driving techniques.

my SO had an 89 corolla. we never got that good of gas mileage unless we got on the highway for a few hundred miles (with the Prius as an option, that NEVER happened) we were lucky to average 30 mpg buzzing around town

Back