MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forum member- PLease refrain from reporting posts other than spam with the forum reporting tools. Use these tools for spam. If you do not agree with a post then ignore it. Any member abusing the rules will be warned. People have the right to any opinion they want and the forum reporting tools should not be used for disagreement of opinion. If you have a big issue with a poster then ignore them. Moderators will take care of forum abuse as needed and they do not need constant reminders of what is happening, save that for spam please. Once a member is warned they will be banned if they ignore the warnings.

theaveng said:
This has to be the most HATE-filled forum I have ever encountered. Someone comes along and you ATTACK them viciously.

Yes, people here are fun to troll, but do so in a manner that is less obvious. ;)

Since we are bumping an old tread, let's get back on topic:

Am I the only person who thinks it's possible that MYZEV wasn't the one that unplugged the OP?

Think of it this way:

1) OP plugs in his car.
2) Some random guy unplugs OPs car and plugs in his own.
3) Random guy stops charging and holsters the pistol grip.
4) MYZEV sees an unused EVSE, plugs in.
5) OP finds out MYZEV is on the station he was in, and the blame naturally goes to MYZEV.

Possible? This is why we should be careful about leaving nasty notes (or keying, or hammering nails in tires, etc...) unless we are positive it was that person that unplugged us. ;)

theaveng said:
This has to be the most HATE-filled forum I have ever encountered. Someone comes along and you ATTACK them viciously.
I just can't believe we're STILL talking about this topic. So somebody was rude. Get over it already! :lol:

kubel said:
1) OP plugs in his car.
2) Some random guy unplugs OPs car and plugs in his own.
3) Random guy stops charging and holsters the pistol grip.
Not enough time elapsed for "random guy" to plug, charge, and then unplug his car.

theaveng said:
Not enough time elapsed for "random guy" to plug, charge, and then unplug his car.

What if the car he plugged in was a DeLorian?

fc8c2dd9c5.png

theaveng said:
TomT said:
Geez! Are you trying to get an award for resurrecting the most long-dead threads, are you a troll, or are you simply that clueless???
So someone named MYZEV steals the original poster's charger, and that's okay with everybody? I resurrect an old thread (as I was TOLD to do rather than create a new one), and I am damned by the community. You guys are waaaay overreacting. My crime is teeny-tiny compared to the crime MYZEV did, and yet you forgave him.

I agree. What is worse starting a new redundant thread or posting to an established thread that has been silent for a time?

Either way the person get blasted :roll:

This thread took a life of its own. Too funny.

I'm the one who got disconnected. I work here and it was not the only or the last time.

Three weeks ago I walked into T1 and I got a text message that my charging was terminated, I walked back to the parking structure and I noticed a gal with a Chevy Volt next to my car, she was about to walk away and I asked her if she had disconnected my car. "No, not me". I almost caught her red-handed, I drove to the other side of the wall and plugged to another charger. Damn witch. She had to have the covered parking.

Then, last week on Thursday I worked swing shift, almost the same story, I was disconnected by somebody driving a Prius. This time it took me a while to get back to the car, so I did not see the driver.

Damn morons, have more money than brains or courtesy.

Vitor said:

I'm the one who got disconnected. I work here and it was not the only or the last time.

Three weeks ago I walked into T1 and I got a text message that my charging was terminated, I walked back to the parking structure and I noticed a gal with a Chevy Volt next to my car, she was about to walk away and I asked her if she had disconnected my car. "No, not me". I almost caught her red-handed, I drove to the other side of the wall and plugged to another charger. Damn witch. She had to have the covered parking.

Then, last week on Thursday I worked swing shift, almost the same story, I was disconnected by somebody driving a Prius. This time it took me a while to get back to the car, so I did not see the driver.

Install a dashcam. I've got one in my LEAF. It would catch them red handed. Though I have it wired to my cigarette lighter at the moment, so it shuts off when the car shuts off. :/

Vitor said:

There is a perecentage of PHEV drivers (and I'm willing bet it's a large percentage) who are cheap, ethically-challenged scumbags. The only answer is to lock the EVSE to your car and use a variation of the charging protocol card to let others know when the EVSE is going to be available again. :x

Oh, and thanks again for a wonderful law, GM!

mwalsh said:
There is a perecentage of PHEV drivers (and I'm willing bet it's a large percentage) who are cheap, ethically-challenged scumbags. The only answer is to lock the EVSE to your car and use a variation of the charging protocol card to let others know when the EVSE is going to be available again. :x

Maybe Phil can come up with another LEAF aftermarket device, let's call it a LEAF Condom. While the car is locked the pistol grip is energized via the condom with say 20,000 volts, but very low current, almost like a static shock. The condom device that covers the pistol grip release could connected to the QC port :mrgreen:

Vehicle owner returns, unlocks doors which turns off the condom allowing the owner to go on his/her merry way.

I think this will be a problem, especially when these cars become more popular. It's nice having the app that alerts you when your car is unplugged.

Dewster said:
I think this will be a problem, especially when these cars become more popular. It's nice having the app that alerts you when your car is unplugged.

I was unplugged at a station by a Focus driver with no note, I was paying for that as well.

mwalsh said:

Although the shorter 240v charge times necessarily mean that PHEV's will be observed to be doing this the most - there are a number of EV'rs that (sadly) do it as well. Having primarily seen the activity being done by volts though, I'm tempted to put sinage on the plugshare dotcom site articulating something to the effect of, "NO PHEV's" on our free EVSE Commercial map listing. The bad behavior is especially annoying when PHEV's practice bad charging protocol, because the behavior can strand EV's (even quicker then a slower charging EV) ... whereas the PHEV can still go on its merry way.

I've always thought I'd consider a Volt - but for my 6'-5" height not fitting well. But now, I simply wouldn't want to be looked upon as one of the too often inconsiderate ones that do the, "me first" thing.

hill said:
... Having primarily seen the activity being done by volts though, I'm tempted to put sinage on the plugshare dotcom site articulating something to the effect of, "NO PHEV's" on our free EVSE Commercial map listing. ...
Of course, there are more Volts out there than anything else since they've had the most sales. Discrimination seems like a bad policy, to me.

JPWhite said:
mwalsh said:

Maybe Phil can come up with another LEAF aftermarket device, let's call it a LEAF Condom. While the car is locked the pistol grip is energized via the condom with say 20,000 volts, but very low current, almost like a static shock. The condom device that covers the pistol grip release could connected to the QC port :mrgreen:

Vehicle owner returns, unlocks doors which turns off the condom allowing the owner to go on his/her merry way.

You could probably rig up a strobe that would flash as the plug is being disconnected. Make them think their picture has been taken. Might even get a few reconnects :)

kubel said:
Install a dashcam. I've got one in my LEAF. It would catch them red handed. Though I have it wired to my cigarette lighter at the moment, so it shuts off when the car shuts off. :/

I'd love it if you had a dashcam and posted videos of the perps online for us to see.

Back