Need to find a hole

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombastinator2

So I’m puttinga four flat trailer light harness on my 2019 leaf. I got the CURT kit on strong advice from the forum. It wants me to run a wire from the battery, which is in the engine compartment under the hood, to the wiring harness controller which lives behind the drivers side tail light. I can run the wiring TO the carpeting and get it to the front of the passenger compartment that way, but that’s as far as it goes. I need a way to get the wire from the passenger compartment to the engine compartment.

Hope you can find one, I'd like to install a 3rd party proximity detector in the front because Nissan didn't equip the Leaf with one in the front...

Hope you can find one, I'd like to install a 3rd party proximity detector in the front because Nissan didn't equip the Leaf with one in the front...
There supposedly is one. I’m just not sure where. There one in the back with a plug in it that goes to the rear diffuser. There are three plugs in the front drivers door frame but I haven’t pulled them. I did see one hole, but it looks like it goes to the wheel well so less than useful.
I’ve got to run a wire from what is effectively behind the rear drivers side wheel to the battery. I can get to the firewall but I need to get the other side of it. Ideally without drilling.

There's a hole on the upper left side under the dash that ends in the wheel arch. If you loosen the plastic inner wheel arch (or whatever it's called), the wire can easily be routed into the engine compartment to the battery. Nissan used this path to mount an original proxy detector on our Leaf. Later, I used the same path to add continuous 12V power to the 12V outlet and added two more outlets—in the backseat and the trunk (for a fridge).

I've read in this forum about the 12V system being tricky and hard on the battery. But the original 12V battery in our 2015 Leaf lasted 9 years and was only changed this spring, without any maintenance or manual recharging underway.

Hope this helps!

There's a hole on the upper left side under the dash that ends in the wheel arch. If you loosen the plastic inner wheel arch (or whatever it's called), the wire can easily be routed into the engine compartment to the battery. Nissan used this path to mount an original proxy detector on our Leaf. Later, I used the same path to add continuous 12V power to the 12V outlet and added two more outlets—in the backseat and the trunk (for a fridge).

I've read in this forum about the 12V system being tricky and hard on the battery. But the original 12V battery in our 2015 Leaf lasted 9 years and was only changed this spring, without any maintenance or manual recharging underway.

Hope this helps!
I didn’t even know there WAS a wheel arch liner. That will do! Thx :)

Back