NEMA L15-30 Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branflakes104

Hey Guys...

I work in a shop that has 3 Phase 208V NEMA L15-30 outlets. Is it possible to make these outlets work with my LEAF for level 2 charging? The outlet that I want to use is waist high inside the building right near a garage door and there is a place to park the immediately outside the garage door so weatherproofing on the plug side and distance should be a non issue.

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi Brandon

That should be easy. You will just need to make or buy an adapter cable.

Are you using some type of EVSE other than the one that came with the car?

Take a look at evseupgrade.com for some ideas.

-Alan

Any two of the hots should give 208 volts. Measure it.

http://www.automationdirect.com/static/specs/wiringdevicesnemawiring.pdf

So connect any two hots and the ground. 24 amp max EVSE.

Upgrade your OEM with EVSEUpgrade.com is a perfect option.

You sir, are the man! I've been looking for a chart like this.

So if I understand this correctly I can buy the create your own pigtail from evseupgrade.com with an upgraded evse and then I buy a L15-30 plug. Then when I get them and build the pigtail I match the wires from the chart and then I just don't connect anything to z?

branflakes104 said:
So if I understand this correctly I can buy the create your own pigtail from evseupgrade.com with an upgraded evse and then I buy a L15-30 plug. Then when I get them and build the pigtail I match the wires from the chart and then I just don't connect anything to z?

That is exactly what you do. Hots to X and Y respectively; Ground to G; nothing to Z.

Back