New 2018 SV owner - questions/intro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in Southern Va. and I’m sure the Tesla has its own issues. I can’t beat the 18K for 5,000 miles on a SV though. Thanks for all the help though.

Hoeflich said:
Well, all the inputs provided are appreciated. Just got LeafSpy installed last night. So, will play with the data...

I was surprised to see SOH @ 96 for a 2018 SV with 5K miles at purchase.

Thanks again,

Shawn

I agree with you.

No, you dont have to "baby the temps"... Do not leave the battery charged over 80%, When you dont use the car for a few days, leave it charged at 40-60%.

You cannot help the temperature where you live... No, you do not need an air conditioned garage, or park it in the shade... It is just a car, and it will live outside... If you live in an area where the temps are 90+ - 110 degrees, you should not have a Leaf

The normal operating range for the 18-19 40kWh battery is 30-120 F, and it will operate safely at temps up to 130 F, but at temperatures above 120 F the Battery Management system will limit the power to the battery, and reduce charging speeds automatically until the battery has cooled itself back down to below 120 F. The current batteries were tested extensively in Stanfield Ariz and Dubai and are designed to be much more resilient to high ambient temperatures than the earlier generation batteries.

Battery temp guage.jpeg

Back