New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi bmah.
I too have not seen another LEAF in the wild. My wife saw one near her work in Franklin, MA. The familiar blue.
Good to see more L2's opening up.

Valid8r said:
Just finalizing my negotiations with the Dover, NH dealer to buy my Leaf. I hope to take delivery early next week.

Jon

Go Jon! What color and options?

Very happy to hear the charger in Portsmouth is operational. I saw it on the map, but hadn't called the garage yet. That makes visiting my parents in Maine an option with the Leaf. Then again, if Nissan dealers are getting DC chargers in the near future, that would make the trip even faster.

I'm getting the blue Leaf, and not sure of the options designations. I believe it's the loaded version, can you help clarify?

Thanks,
Jon

Valid8r said:
I'm getting the blue Leaf, and not sure of the options designations. I believe it's the loaded version, can you help clarify?

Thanks,
Jon

That would be the SL. There's other options you can get on top of that like the decals, car mats, etc.

I finally took delivery of my Leaf from Port City Nissan. Ended up with the Cayenne Red which I am happier with than the blue. I put on about 90 miles a day and really enjoy the technology of this car. I'm lucky in that my company lets me charge while at work and is considering putting in a Level 2 charger.

The power is amazing. The freedom from gas purchase (even the time of it) is incredible.

Great car.

Jon

Valid8r said:
I finally took delivery of my Leaf from Port City Nissan. Ended up with the Cayenne Red which I am happier with than the blue. I put on about 90 miles a day and really enjoy the technology of this car. I'm lucky in that my company lets me charge while at work and is considering putting in a Level 2 charger.

The power is amazing. The freedom from gas purchase (even the time of it) is incredible.

Great car.

Jon

Jon,
Congrats!
Red was my first choice but I couldn't wait.
I have just over 4,000 miles of smiles; no issues. I did notice that the LEAF has changed my driving habits to a more conservative driver. I find myself coasting in Neutral down big hills and trying to best my miles/kWhr (currently 5.3). At home we put solar panels up and now I find myself turning off devices and lights more often, reusing containers instead of throwing away plastic bags. This car has started to change my lifestyle for the good!

Red Sox / Boston Area Question

I am looking for a garage that has level 2 charging in the Boston area for Sunday game at Fenway
I think the Cambridge Galleria has one?
Does anyone know of a place that is close to the T that offers
"Free" charging while in a garage?

I am in a Volt

Thanks
Tom

Valid8r said:

Great car.

Jon

I bought my car just one year earlier - June 22' 2011. I drove 11,000 miles for $440 in locally made electricity the first year. That's 4 cents a mile at about 14 cents/kWh at night in San Diego, CA area. If I had driven my Camry in would have cost around $2000 in gasoline with about 30% or $600 going to pay for foreign oil. What do you pay per kWh in New England?

Enjoy your first and many years in your Leaf!

tmac said:

I am looking for a garage that has level 2 charging in the Boston area for Sunday game at Fenway

I am in a Volt

Thanks
Tom

The "official" garage of the Boston RedSox at 100 Clarenon street, next to the John Hancock tower, they have discounted rates as well, like $10 for parking if you show them your redsox tickets. At any rate the garage used to show up on the ChargePoint app, they have multiple J-1772s, although I havn't been in it for a while. The prudential center garage also has them.. If you have an iPhone, get the ChargePoint app and one called "recargo" there are even closer garages to Fenway listed with J-1772s as well.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/directions/index.jsp?content=parking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tmac said:

I am in a Volt

Thanks
Tom

Plugshare shows two EVSEs on Landsdown st. They are labeled "Boston red sockets". I haven't seen or tried them.

Planning on buying a LEAF soon and wondering if people in the area are seeing battery degradation? Obviously our summers are cooler than many areas, but I would like to know if anyone has seen a GID reduction over their time of ownership.

Thanks!

I have only had my LEAF since april, too soon to tell. That and I don't have a way to measure the gids. I've only been charging to 80% and I keep it in my garage which never gets above about 75 degrees, even on the hottest days so I doubt I'll a temperature related issue.

Clay Nissan in Newton seems to have a bunch of leafs in inventory, they might make a deal. I got mine there and it was $1K below sticker for the SL model in red when they couldn't get me a red sv quickly enough. YMMV. Let us know how it goes.

I've had my LEAF since April 2. It has a little over 3000 miles on it now. Probalby a little early to notice any problems. The battery temperature gauge had been hovering around 5 bars, and 6 more recently. We are in southwestern NH. And its been pretty warm here this summer.

I have charged to 80% mostly but when the range seemed to be diminishing on the guess-o-meter I charged to 100% and it seemed to improve. Also, I bought a car cover with a relatively reflective surface on it hopefully to aleviate some thermal issues, if it has to be left out in the sun.

We will be relocating to Georgia very soon so the thermal issue may be more of an issue there. Though I have not heard any complaints from that area, yet.

5,200 miles since January. No noticable heat issues. Almost always charge to 80% nightly. I'm from MA.
I too doubt we will see any heat issues. It cools down at night to the 70's unlike AZ where it cools down to the 90's!
No reports I have seen of CA heat issues either and it gets fairly hot there.

We have put on a little over 8,000 miles since February and have not noticed any battery losses. I have been charging to 100% as I drive several longer trips each week. We don't plug the car in every night and usually only before one of my longer commutes or after a busy weekend. The car is parked outside at all times, often in the sun so that doesn't seem to have an impact in this climate after this short interval of time. I am pleasantly surprised that the battery in this vehicle seems to be holding up much better than I anticipated and certainly better than other battery powered devices.

Back