New L2 charger, ICED!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apvbguy

Last night I was playing around with plug share and I noticed a new (to me) L2 charger at the local State/Noaa run marine sciences center.
Today I took a ride to visit this nice find for me and I drive around the parking lot looking for the charger, I finally found it ICED behind one of the state owned F150 truck!

I went inside and they were very apologetic and noted how they are providing this free service to EV owners.
I said it would be a great thing if they didn't park their trucks in front of it.

I bet I am one of the few people who has actually come looking for it.
The parking spot is not signed for EV parking either.
while they meant well by installing the charger the implementation is not working out well.

I feel your pain. I stopped at Kohl's today and one of the stations was ICE'd by an employee. I know it was an employee because I decided to wait a few minutes after shopping to see who came out to the vehicle.

I always get iced at the Nissan stealership. Luckily the cord is somewhat long, so I make my own spot and park in front of their circular display in the very front of the store. I'm grateful they provide an evse. I wish they would quit blocking the damn thing. If you are going to use that in your sales pitch when attempting to unload a Leaf. You should make sure it's available at all times. My other option is a local grocer. They have the spot painted in green with a tow away sign. I never have a problem leaching off of them while shopping.

Well, they we're apologetic, that's a start. Now that you've raised their consciousness, maybe they've learned and will take action to keep it open and ready for future EVers, who will benefit from your effort. Good job! People nice enough to put one up deserve the chance to learn by trial and error.

It's not uncommon. I went to Nissan where I leased my 2012 SL from and had to go into the maintenance area and ask them to move the snowplow and/or the employee owned Jeep from in front of the AV (4) EVSEs. They parked the truck lengthwise in front of all 4 EVSEs. The corner spot was taken by the Jeep so I couldn't even caddy it close enough to streach the cable to my Leaf.

18.jpg

Happens everywhere..

TomT said:
If there is no signage than it is fair game!
Unfortunate that it happens, but have to agree - no sign, open to all. Happens all the time at a medical clinic I go to, because they are prime parking spots.

TomT said:
If there is no signage than it is fair game!

while there can be no argument regarding your comment, considering the fact that the charging station is at a joint state/federal environmental research facility and since the staff was gushing about how they are so pleased to have installed the charger for "my" free usage it would have been nice if the implementation of their EV charging station wasn't so half assed.
I would suggest that if a charging station is installed (anywhere) that the installation isn't complete without signage reserving the spot in front of the station for vehicles that will be using the station, secondly it was one of the facility's vehicles that was blocking access to the charger. not good policy for the crew that staffs the place.

Back