Nice British LEAF site. Walk around the LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

Noticed this interactive page on the Nissan UK site. Very nice way to more realistically experience the LEAF exterior and interior, along with narration, of a sort, from a very sexy sounding English spokesmodel.

I was surprised that the interior is left had drive, though, strange for the UK. Also surprising that they are showing the original very light blue color exterior.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/discover/3D/explore/ecodrive.html#vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/discover/3D/explore

(Click "Back to Car" at the bottom of the page if you're seeing eco-trees instead of a LEAF)

nod of the head to sansoy for pointing out the site.

It looked like the EVSE had a different style than a J1772.
http://bit.ly/mMGcGC
Click on 'Go to Car', then click the same spot and choose Front. You will get an option to click on the power hatch, it opens and reveals the charging port.

Is this a IEC62196 rather than J1772 ?

In that case, it would do no good to buy an English portable charger since they would not fit an American Leaf. I had thought this could provide an alternative to Ingineer's modified portable EVSE, but the UK version clearly won't do.

Boomer23 said:
I was surprised that the interior is left had drive, though, strange for the UK. Also surprising that they are showing the original very light blue color exterior.
Boomer, thanks for sharing this one. Interesting to see how some of the features are different. Different antenna at the rear. Km/hr speedometer. A saloon.

Actually you see quite a few cars on the road with left hand drive in the UK though. It's not a dealbreaker.

AmarilloLeaf said:
Boomer23 said:
Boomer, thanks for sharing this one. Interesting to see how some of the features are different. Different antenna at the rear. Km/hr speedometer. A saloon.

Actually you see quite a few cars on the road with left hand drive in the UK though. It's not a dealbreaker.

Thanks Amarillo. I should probably have spelled (spelt?) the word "colour", though.

AmarilloLeaf said:
Click on 'Go to Car', then click the same spot and choose Front. You will get an option to click on the power hatch, it opens and reveals the charging port.

In that case, it would do no good to buy an English portable charger since they would not fit an American Leaf. I had thought this could provide an alternative to Ingineer's modified portable EVSE, but the UK version clearly won't do.

The UK model has a J1772.

The graphics on that site are not very accurate. The stubby shark fin antenna does not appear on the final UK spec LEAF. We have the one shown in this pic:
attachment.php

Also the LEAF sold in the UK is RHD

The model shown on the website is for information only and does not reflect the UK specification model at all. The UK Leaf is RHD and differs slightly from the model shown in the 3d simulator and the display notes miles per hour, but temperatures are in celcius. Note that the European/UK Leafs have three rear headrests compared to the US two.

Have some pictures of a RHD Leaf I test drove a few weeks ago;

grumpycabbie-albums-nissan-leaf-picture6189-leaf-we-tested.jpg

grumpycabbie-albums-nissan-leaf-picture6190-leaf-interior-front.jpg

LeafTalk said:
AmarilloLeaf said:

The UK model has a J1772.

The graphics on that site are not very accurate. The stubby shark fin antenna does not appear on the final UK spec LEAF. We have the one shown in this pic:

Also the LEAF sold in the UK is RHD

LeafTalk,

Thanks for clarifying this.

I'll be driving around England in about 6 weeks, and had toyed with the idea of purchasing a Nissan 240v EVSE from a dealer to see if it would work in the USA.

I notice the Blue Leaf was parked next to a 30 minute quick charger.

Do you know which spec they are using for the QC ?

Boomer23 said:
Also noticed the small center-low-mounted stop light below the bumper in addition to our CHMSL.

I was going to mention this when I posted my pics. The lower central stop light is in fact a high intensity rear fog light as required by EU legislation.

AmarilloLeaf said:
Do you know which spec they are using for the QC ?

The spec used is CHAdeMO.

There are CHAdeMO DC Quick chargers installed at all of Nissan's Leaf dealerships.

They are free to use for any Leaf owner but not all of them are switched on yet.

The UK spec 240v EVSE might work for you but keep in mind it does not work at 16Amps. It works at 10Amps (standard UK domestic circuits are 13Amp so it was designed to be used anywhere in the UK but not to take the full load).

Back