Nissan Leaf 2011 - issues after BCM replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FilipK

Hello all,

I'll try to give you full story without boring you too much while still covering all the points.

I bought a faulty Nissan Leaf, it's a 2011 car with 10 bars and 33k miles on the clock.

The fault was an I-key system fault. The seller assured me this requires a new BCM and the key to be reprogrammed.

I had the car recovered to a local Nissan garage, who confirmed the diagnosis. To avoid a hefty fee for a new BCM, I bought a used one. Nissan reprogrammed the BCM, the fault was cleared, but other fault codes appeared.

The Nissan garage then said they cannot repair that as they're not trained to work on EVs. They suggested that I go to the Nissan EV garage in Newcastle, but for me that's a good few hundred miles so a hefty charge to get the car recovered there.

I decided to take the car to a semi-local independent garage that is HEVRA approved. This is where my problem kicks in - the attached is a list of fault codes they're getting, but they are out of ideas as to what is causing them. They checked the network with an oscilloscope, all seems fine, but the communication codes are still there.

Has anyone been in a similar position or can otherwise advise as to what's causing these faults?

Thanks,

Filip

IMG-20220203-WA0011.jpg

This is a long shot, as the errors are not typical for this, but check the 12 volt battery. If it reads below 12.2 volts with the car Off and then allowed to sit for 15-30 minutes before checking the 12 volt battery voltage, it may be at least contributing to the problem with false error codes, if not actually causing it.

Back