Nissan Leaf heads to the GT Academy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drivesolo

Get those PS3's fired up and brush up on GT5; the GT Academy wants YOU! Well.... not most of you, just those that really know how to drive. ;)

nissan-leaf-gt-academy-628.jpg

Article: http://green.autoblog.com/2012/05/02/nissan-leaf-heads-to-the-gt-academy/

They used the Leaf last season of GT Academy but only for one of the quick challenges. I suspect this year it will be used for one of the main competitive trials.

Very cool! Nissan is a big supporter of GT5 gamers. I hope they release the EsFlow concept in the next online Car Pack. Since Poly uses basically the same simulation software that Nissan has, it would be very interesting to run the Es against some well known benchmark cars.

Very nice. I wonder how much of it we'll see when they air it. Lol.... slow?... I guess considering almost everything else in Nissan's line-up you can't get much slower than around a track than a Leaf. I'm very curious to see how it will do. Heitkotter was a National's class champ in SCCA's AutoX, do you know him Drivesolo?

RedLeader said:
Very nice. I wonder how much of it we'll see when they air it. Lol.... slow?... I guess considering almost everything else in Nissan's line-up you can't get much slower than around a track than a Leaf. I'm very curious to see how it will do. Heitkotter was a National's class champ in SCCA's AutoX, do you know him Drivesolo?
LOL, nah, I don't know him. I knew "of him" before he got selected for the GT Academy. His name came up in discussions along the same line as some of the other National level drivers but I wouldn't have been able to identify him if I saw him. Nice guy from my understanding, good to see an autoX-er getting someplace in motorsports.

RedLeader said:
you can't get much slower than around a track than a Leaf.

Actually if you just buy a stock LEAF and enter the very first race on the first level, it's an easy win. The competing cars are all your typical econo box four bangers you would see in a parking lot. It's another interesting question though. I will have Zack run a stock LEAF from the beginning and see how far he can take it.

Right now he is running a stock LEAF around Laguna Seca. GT5 is not padding the range at all so I am curious about how fast and how far on this track.

LOL! I sent in my request to Poliphony Digital for a Zero Emission Car Pack and then released that they have already modeled the RC for Nissans intro presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXXjEM6BSEw&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, according to the GT5 gamer sites Poliphony is Nissans go-to guys for digital presentation of concepts. This means that "GT5" has already modeled EsFlow, LE, Emerge-E.... :shock:

Back