Nissan Leaf iPhone App updated today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorSFGuy

Says it fixes minor bugs. Will have to see, but the estimated range came out right this time. Maybe they fixed the log in too. Not sure what minor fixes were made.

leaf561 said:
It seems to auto login now.
It will auto login after startup, it's always done that. But it still won't auto login after its been sitting in the background and your session times out. :| But it DOES at least now remember what action you were performing before it prompted you to relogin and automatically finishes that action after you do. That's progress. :lol:

MrFish said:
The range exactly matches the car in Eco mode and the number of remaining bars now match. Maybe there is hope for Carwings.
It is pathetic that they can't fix Carwings arbitrarily high m/kwh numbers. How bad is the design if a basic bug like that can't be fixed in 6 months ?

evnow said:
MrFish said:
The range exactly matches the car in Eco mode and the number of remaining bars now match. Maybe there is hope for Carwings.
It is pathetic that they can't fix Carwings arbitrarily high m/kwh numbers. How bad is the design if a basic bug like that can't be fixed in 6 months ?

Yes, bad data is worse than no data.

DeaneG said:
Cool! Wish they'd fix the Android app. Oh wait, there is no Android app.
It's at the same Rev 0.0 as the Blackberry app, then?

Anyone have video of the Nissan LEAF Drive Tour reps talking about the upcoming apps?
\

Grrr. After closing the app while waiting for it to log me in (sometimes it takes a long time!) I opened it back up and it had an internal error or something.

Then it forgot my username/password. Annoying!

TaylorSFGuy said:
...but the estimated range came out right this time.
MrFish said:
The range exactly matches the car in Eco mode and the number of remaining bars now match.
Hmm, sorry guys, but I've found the numbers STILL do not match after charging. They DO match after you start the car, but not before. I've done this twice now and both times the car showed way more miles than the app did after checking it in the app while charging. After I started the car and checked again, THEN it showed correctly. :(

I agree that nothing has changed on my end either. When I did the original posting, the numbers did match to what the car said when I went out there. Since then, they are back to being significantly different.

The charging time is fairly close but it has been all the way along. Sorry to get everyone going that things had changed. I guess the minor bugs they fixed weren't the bugs we all have been experiencing.

There are some things about this whole LEAF project that make me think it was a hurry up job. The Blink chargers aren't functioning well, the carwings isn't accurate, the website info on driving doesn't match what is happening in the car. Then there is the car itself - the manuals were printed for 2011 model indicating that various features were planned but must have been cancelled when it came to production - heated side mirrors comes to mind. I recognize that things can change and this is part of the early adoption process.

When you tell people about your car, don't you use "But" at some point - reservation screwups, widely swinging delivery dates, lack of quick charging etc.

Still going strong though - passed 7,000 miles today in just over 9 weeks. Love watching people go flying past and then slow down when they read the plate and realize it is an electric car. They all stare at the headlights - I guess I would too. Dare I say it isn't the prettiest car out there.

TaylorSFGuy said:
...They all stare at the headlights - I guess I would too. Dare I say it isn't the prettiest car out there...
Yeah, agreed. A bitter pill to swallow, but the driving experience mostly makes up for it. They got a lot of things right with this car even if this styling was a bit too "quirky", particularly with the headlight cluster.

TaylorSFGuy said:
They all stare at the headlights - I guess I would too. Dare I say it isn't the prettiest car out there.
I have to say, I actually like the styling of the car. The headlights, while odd, do make the car very distinctive.

Back