Nissan Leaf on sale in Japan on 12/20

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takoyaki

I've been following this forum and someone wrote in one of the threads that there's no one from Japan in it. Though I live in SF bay area now and waiting to order my Leaf this month, I thought I should stand up and make my first posting here letting you know there's someone that can get info from Leaf website in Japan.

So to start out with, I wanted to let people know that they just announced in Japan that the Leaf would go on sale there on 12/20.

Here's the link to website which probably won't give you too much info, but it has additional pictures you may not have seen for the disabled (wheel chair access, rotating seats).

http://www.nissan-global.com/JP/NEWS/2010/_STORY/101203-01-j.html

In addition, in case this hasn't been answered before, the page below shows all the dealer options with pictures.

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html

I think they're pretty self explanatory, but let me know if you need me to translate specific sections (as doing the whole page is too much...)

Look at all the options avaliable in Japan.

Takoyaki, Do you know how may Leafs have been ordered in the Japanese market?

Not only more options but the mats look better! I want a Japanese spec car! How is it they have pictures of all this stuff but there are none for the US?

stanley said:
Look at all the options avaliable in Japan.

Takoyaki, Do you know how may Leafs have been ordered in the Japanese market?

I did a quick google search and the info I can get is that they had met the 6000 reservation target in June (ie. 2 months). Back then the article said that they will continue to take reservations at the dealers, but the latest article talking about the 12/20 release date says that Nissan plans to 'sell' 6000 in 2010. Now I take it that 'sell' doesn't mean 'deliver'. BTW it also said that they start taking actual orders today for those that made the reservations.

Looks like you can get the "slot to insert credit card into to broadcast to the really high priced automated toll machines" thingie.

There is also an interesting charge area cover

LakeLeaf said:
Looks like you can get the "slot to insert credit card into to broadcast to the really high priced automated toll machines" thingie.

There is also an interesting charge area cover

The slot thing is the ETC so you don't have to stop at the tolls. You actually insert ETC card that you get after registering (so not credit card). It's really popular in Japan now. Most people who buy new cars have it.

The charge area cover thingy says it's to protect from vandalism while being charging. Once put on, you can only unlock it from inside the car.

The one below is it is a light that turn automatically off after 90sec.

This page has more info/pics on charging that I had never seen before.

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/CHARGE/

takoyaki,

about 1/2 way down on the accessories page, they have listed a "200V EVSE with a 15 meter cable", I wonder if we could find out from a Japanese dealer how much that costs, and how much it would be to deliver it to a US address?

The J-1772 "charger" lock device also looks interesting as well, I bet a few of those could also be imported/sold.

Looks like someone could setup a small eBay business buying and importing those items from Japan (hint, hint)

Gary, looks like your 200V portable EVSE is already availble, in Japan...

I agree with Mitch :)

But I wonder if the 200V version will tolerate up to 250V ? I'd still be interested in a price and turnaround time ...

LEAFer said:
I agree with Mitch :)

But I wonder if the 200V version will tolerate up to 250V ? I'd still be interested in a price and turnaround time ...

I'm betting the 100V version is good from 90V-140V, and the 200V version is good from 200-250V, I'm betting they are "international" versions, and there are probably only 2 versions, the 100V and the 200V version, and they just change the AC connector and label, depending on what country they are selling it in...

Also from that JDM site, the cargo organizer and ground effects are pretty cool. Wonder if we will get something similar available stateside

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html

anyone notice the other options page with the winter add ons - http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/

coming in April 2011.

Now if I could just find a holographic kick whatever..

Thanks a ton - I've been waiting to see more accessories. I really hope we get a locking device for the charger. That would be very useful in public charging locations.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-1379-100%25+Electric+Zero-emission+Nissan+LEAF+Debuts+in+Japan.html
Nissan today announced the launch of the all-new 100% electric, zero-emission Nissan LEAF, which goes on sale December 20th at Nissan dealers nationwide. It will be followed by the United States, also in December

well, they got the "followed by" wrong ;)

I found the PDF spec sheet quite interesting. Lots of measurements.
Takoyaki, can you translate the text around 124Wh/km and 200km using JC08? Is 200 km the range under some ideal conditions? 125 miles seems pretty good.

takoyaki said:
The charge area cover thingy says it's to protect from vandalism while being charging. Once put on, you can only unlock it from inside the car.
Interesting. It doesn't look like it's big enough to swallow the J-1772 connector, but I could be wrong.

Mmmm.. takoyaki.. I haven't had octopus balls in years.

GroundLoop said:
takoyaki said:
Interesting. It doesn't look like it's big enough to swallow the J-1772 connector, but I could be wrong.

Mmmm.. takoyaki.. I haven't had octopus balls in years.

Thats Cool! It is just a shroud with an identical latch point as the original charger door. You open it all the way, plug in and then close the hatch until it clicks locked. If the shroud can be left on when fully closed, I want one!

Super onfo and pictures, THANKS.

It looks like the Yen-prices are listed for each item.
The 100v EVSE for 84000 Yen, is about $1000, right?
($1.1969 = 100 Yen)?

Expensive little buggers!

Man, Japan gets way better accessories than we do! And they even have pictures of them!

I suspect that it won't take long for some of those accessories to get imported.

that info on the cold package as of april 2011 is great, including pics, but .......

what does it mean for us here in the USA ... does it mean production starts in april for cars with cold weather? or tht cars will be available in april? ugh

I have a december order that might translate into jan or febuary production, march at latest.....

Back