Nissan Leaf Range Map

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhubott

Does anyone know where to find the range map that was shown at the Drive events?

They said during the presentation that it was available on the the www.DriveNissanLeaf.com website but I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks

Funny thing on that map. I live in Cupertino and often to to San Francisco for a day of sightseeing, eating etc.

On Nissan's map, I can turn on the "100 mile" (50 mile radius) circle and it extends well past San Francisco as it should. But if I then place markers to plan a trip from home to San Francisco, the map says I can drive there and back with 2 miles remaining in the battery.

I guess it is the difference between "as the crow flies" and the distance up the actual route on the 280 freeway.

If you plan a trip longer than 100 miles, the maps adds 100 mile recharges as needed. It didn't add sleepovers though.

DeaneG,
Since YMMV, especially at freeway speeds, better to plan for a substantial recharge on that trip, I suspect.

If one did arrive home with only 2 miles remaining, would that be driving the last "few" miles in the "Creep Mode"?

Nissan should give the opportunity to show two different
radii (radiuses): 50 miles (out and back), and 35 miles.

Why the latter? When I asked a Tesla driver how he figured his
useable range he said, "It's easy, I allow 1/3 to get there,
1/3 to get back, and 1/3 'just in case."' Seems reasonable to me.

Why 35miles instead of 33-1/3 miles? I don't know... maybe because
it isn't mindlessly slavish to simple division by 3. ;)

Back