Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
Today I called a bunch of dealerships along 101 from Universal City Nissan to Santa Barbara, and sadly no one had plans to install DCQC, including Nissan of Mission Hills and First Nissan in Simi Valley. I couldn't get a definite answer from Universal City Nissan but given their general unawareness I could sense they are not getting one, I'm still waiting for the final confirmation but I'm not holding by breath. Sales person at Team Nissan in Oxnard said they are getting a new charger in a couple of months but wasn't sure what kind. Overall calling around was a frustrating experience as I had to talk to several people at each location before getting a final answer, and repeat my question many times before they would understand that I'm not trying to purchase a L3 charger for myself. Oh well, it should have been expected.
I heard today that Blink is installing one, I think he said Thousand Oaks. They are looking for more sites out that way, and especially in Santa Barbara.

PaulScott said:
Valdemar said:
Today I called a bunch of dealerships along 101 from Universal City Nissan to Santa Barbara, and sadly no one had plans to install DCQC, including Nissan of Mission Hills and First Nissan in Simi Valley. I couldn't get a definite answer from Universal City Nissan but given their general unawareness I could sense they are not getting one, I'm still waiting for the final confirmation but I'm not holding by breath. Sales person at Team Nissan in Oxnard said they are getting a new charger in a couple of months but wasn't sure what kind. Overall calling around was a frustrating experience as I had to talk to several people at each location before getting a final answer, and repeat my question many times before they would understand that I'm not trying to purchase a L3 charger for myself. Oh well, it should have been expected.
I heard today that Blink is installing one, I think he said Thousand Oaks. They are looking for more sites out that way, and especially in Santa Barbara.

TO and SB would be good locations for travel between LA and SB. Hopefully it won't take them another 2 years to go ahead with the installs.

Edmonds WA announces they have one going into the ground this week. first one in W. WA that I know of. Eastside has a QC but it was not part of Nissan's announcement I dont believe (its a Blink)

GeekEV said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Elk Grove Nissan (NorCal) just announced the grand opening of the DCQC on April 20th for Earth Day.
2013elkgrove.jpg

Nice, but Northern California's "only fast charging station"?

What's that, about 45 miles from Vacaville (where there's already a fast charger in public)....?

As I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7253&start=70#p280861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Fontana Nissan's QC should be available to the public soon!

Watched the new Nissan DCQC at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa CA charge Robert B's car all the way to 100%... well, probably more like 90%, but the charge went all the way down to 5A at 393V. 240 Gids (he charged to full at home at 255Gids earlier that morning)
When you sign up at the dealership you get a preferred customer card with $25 credit on it for free. Each charge is $5. Charger open business hours till 9 weekdays 7:30 weekends.

photo24k.jpg

photo13os.jpg

GregH said:
When you sign up at the dealership you get a preferred customer card with $25 credit on it for free. Each charge is $5

How does it work, is there a card reader on the charger?

And guess what, I got a reply via e-mail from Universal City Nissan today. It is interesting they are not getting a Nissan/Sumitomo unit. Still this is great news. If someone is interested in more information the contact there is Andy Maleki, Internet and Fleet Director.

Yes, we are getting a DCQC port station installed at Universal City Nissan. Aerovironment is the contractor and we are about 60 days away for installation if not sooner. Please let me know if there are any other questions that I can help you with.

GregH said:
When you sign up at the dealership you get a preferred customer card with $25 credit on it for free. Each charge is $5. Charger open business hours till 9 weekdays 7:30 weekends.

Are you saying its $5 to pay at Connell Nissan?

DaveinOlyWA said:
Edmonds WA announces they have one going into the ground this week. first one in W. WA that I know of. Eastside has a QC but it was not part of Nissan's announcement I dont believe (its a Blink)
Is that Campbell Nelson Nissan?

Latest list, adding Universal City Nissan and Fontana Nissan:

Nissan of Downtown LA - 635 West Washington Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Nissan of Elk Grove 8590 Laguna Grove Dr, Elk Grove, CA 95757
Connell Nissan 2850 Harbor Blvd Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Glendale Nissan 727 S Brand Blvd Glendale, CA 91204
Power Nissan of South Bay 14610 Hindry Ave Hawthorne, CA 90250
Carson Nissan 1505 E 223rd St Carson, CA 90745
Universal City Nissan 3550 Cahuenga Boulevard West Los Angeles, CA 90068
Fontana Nissan 16444 South Highland Avenue Fontana, CA 92336

Google map of all locations: California Nissan QC Stations

dcpatters said:
GregH said:

Are you saying its $5 to pay at Connell Nissan?

Costa Mesa, CA.. Yeah sounds like when your $25 credit is used up then you'll have to pay to "recharge" your customer card.. They seemed to imply your first charge was free so maybe you get 6 free sessions? They're still figuring this out. If you're a Connell customer then you may already have more than $25 of credit.. But for everyone else a new "free" card has $25 credit on it. You go inside the dealer to swipe the card, then an employee walks out with you with the special RFID key to enable the charger... It is nice though that the Nissan DCQC chargers up to full (if you're willing to wait).. Was somewhat annoyed that Blink only goes to 72-73%

GregH said:
It is nice though that the Nissan DCQC chargers up to full (if you're willing to wait).. Was somewhat annoyed that Blink only goes to 72-73%

Just move over to an L2 station, just as fast and you dont tie up the only fast charger available.. I'm glad they are charging for the service.

GregH said:
Yeah sounds like when your $25 credit is used up then you'll have to pay to "recharge" your customer card.. They seemed to imply your first charge was free so maybe you get 6 free sessions?

Is this the same card as the One to One rewards card (he asks hopefully)? Two reasons...a) already have $80 credit on that card and b) don't want yet another membership card to carry around - my wallet already looks like George Costanza's!

Randy said:

What's that, about 45 miles from Vacaville (where there's already a fast charger in public)....?
Yeah, I pointed that out to them too...

San Francisco and Cincinnati — Monday, April 8, 2013 — ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies (NASDAQ:ECTY), and The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced an expanded partnership including over 200 level 2 (quick charge) charging stations, and 25 DC Fast Chargers, to be installed across key markets through the EV Project. ....Details of the agreement include a $1.5 million investment by Kroger to install over 200 Blink charging stations, including 25 DC Fast Chargers, at 125 locations in several key markets including Phoenix, San Diego and Los Angeles. These stations are in addition to 60 already installed in Oregon and Washington, and 14 in Texas.

GeekEV said:
Randy said:

Yeah, I pointed that out to them too...

And isn't Santa Rosa and Petaluma also considered Northern California?

I like AV's slim DC QC compared to Blink's. But is that all there is to it? Where's the big power processing box that we commonly see with Blink's DC QC? Does AV put it underground?

Nissan's slim QC has everything in that slim pedestal. No big external power box required. That's why it's so much cheaper than the others.

drees said:
Nissan's slim QC has everything in that slim pedestal. No big external power box required. That's why it's so much cheaper than the others.
I had an AV rep in my office this morning who said they have gotten out of the fast charging business because of this unit. Theirs are much more robust than the Nissan branded units, but they cost $45K-$55K, so there is no market for them outside of airports and some industrial uses where the ability to withstand constant use in extreme temperatures is necessary.

Back