No heat in cold weather 2013 SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it draws a max of about 1.5kw. I don't recall if I ever had the heat on when it wasn't in ECO mode, but I don't think it has ever drawn over about 3kw when everything was working and it was in ECO mode, at well below zero degrees F.

I've noticed my 2018 leaf if stored in the garage starts out with the heat pump working, but as the temperature drops quickly from -8 C to -30 C outside, it doesn't seem to switch to the resistance heater. I've found shutting off the heater completely for a minute, then restarting brings the resistance heater to life. I suspect a software issue not switching it fast enough.

GordStewart said:
I've noticed my 2018 leaf if stored in the garage starts out with the heat pump working, but as the temperature drops quickly from -8 C to -30 C outside, it doesn't seem to switch to the resistance heater. I've found shutting off the heater completely for a minute, then restarting brings the resistance heater to life. I suspect a software issue not switching it fast enough.

I suspect a glitch with your particular Leaf. I also keep mine in a partially heated garage, but there is no lack of "heater continuity" as I drive away into the cold. It gets warm fast and stays warm.

Back