no heating: (Blower runs but only cold air) (2012)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because i could never get leafspy and dongles i bought to work. later i figured out just buying a generic elm327 is not good enough. will try to get new approved one and do
because i could never get leafspy and dongles i bought to work. later i figured out just buying a generic elm327 is not good enough. will try to get new approved one and do
Argh. That sounds frustrating. Did you follow the instructions on the web page exactly? I did to the point that I bought the mentioned dongle site unseen off the link because I knew it would work since they mentioned it specifically as working. Probably cost me about ten extra bucks to do it that way but I didn’t want it to screw up. I tend to be slavish with instructions when I don’t know what is going on. One never knows WHY they might mention to do it in a particular way.

I understand there’s a list somewhere of compatible dongles. I’ve never looked for it so I don’t know where.

Last edited:
Argh. That sounds frustrating. Did you follow the instructions on the web page exactly? I did to the point that I bought the mentioned dongle site unseen off the link because I knew it would work since they mentioned it specifically as working. Probably cost me about ten extra bucks to do it that way but I didn’t want it to screw up. I tend to be slavish with instructions when I don’t know what is going on. One never knows WHY they might mention to do it in a particular way.

I understand there’s a list somewhere of compatible dongles. I’ve never looked for it so I don’t know where.
afaik there is some link in the help section of Leafspy. Is that the link you are talking about?

I got a replacement heater for my 2012 from a scrapper in Souther California. Guessed it hadn't been used much, given the climate down there. It was still working when I sold the car last year. Cost £400 and £300 to install by my local garage (in the UK).

The heater in my 2012 Leaf went out in 2018. The dealership replaced the heater and DC/DC converter:
292C0-3NA0C BOX ASSY DC/DC $905
B7143-00Q0K PTC HEATER $1264
Labor $1443
Interesting. My local dealer gave me an estimate for $6500 to replace the PTC hearer and DC to DC converter in my 2012 Leaf. I declined the repair.

afaik there is some link in the help section of Leafspy. Is that the link you are talking about?
I can’t remember. It may have been on the program’s webpage. It had some odd stuff. Like the car had to be on at some particular point when first starting the app or something. I mostly remember thinking “well that’s odd… not for me to reason why though” and I just did it.

Back