Nuisance unlatching of charge port flap

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenkay

Just a quick curious question as to whether other LEAF owners experience unwanted unlatching/opening of the charge port flap. A friend who bought her 2018SL at almost the same time as I bought my current 2018SV claimed this happened a few times to her, and it's happened several times to me as well. Usually, I just notice, "huh; charge door popped open" when approaching the car to get in and go somewhere. Once, though, it happened on a freeway and the airstream flipped the charge port hood fully up. Anyone else see this? I suppose it could be another false actuation of the unwanted key-fob buttons; if that's the case, maybe I should just open my fob up and remove all its push-switches.

Happened to me 3-4x & only discovered after it flipped up on the highway above 60mph. Extremely unsettling experience the 1st time. Also explains why the hinges are so substantial for such tiny door flap.

Anyways I was somehow bumping the door release when I got into the car or was reaching for something...I don't exactly recall but I no longer do that now that I have modified my behavior.

I was cognizant that I may have been bumping(& holding) the key fob button & isolated that as not being the culprit fyi.

Back