Onboard charger not working. Connected with DC/DC converter?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honning57

My 2011 Leaf SL had a set-back last week. Both the onboard charger and the PTC-heater stopped working. The DC/DC converter is also blown according to my local Nissan workshop. Seems strange that all these three components broke the same week, even though it's common that the converter fails if the PTC breaks. My question being, would a defect converter effect the onboard charger? Are they connected in any way?

It is highly unlikely that all three of those expensive components would fail at the same time. I suggest you ask your dealer to fix the DC-DC converter and onboard charger since they are covered by the power train warranty and are critical to operation of the car. Let them spend Nissan's money to troubleshoot and find the root cause of these failures. I think there is a good chance that the heater will work once they fix the charger and DC-DC converter.

Also, the PTC heaters in 2011 and 2012 Leafs have been very reliable (they are immersed in coolant in a small hot water tank under the hood). There have been some early failures of the dry PTC heaters located in the dash of 2013 and later Leafs.

Gerry

Back