One Order - two VINs ???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below are the listed VINs for the two LEAFs. Both are Blue Ocean, and I ordered a QC option. Carwings is activated for VIN 922 but not the other. I am in the SF Bay Area, and accepted for the PV project from Ecotality. I have not heard anything from them.

Today my DB indicated delivery is for week of Apr 18. I also received email this morning from Nissan

- "the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

I will check with dealer (already sent email but no reply) but maybe VIN922 is being delivered and Vin1571 is arriving in April.

Thanks. We also know that there is at least one other ...
planet4ever said:
My owners portal says I'm getting two cars, though I only ordered one. I keep hoping that the dashboard date is for the second phantom car, and and the real one will be arriving any day now.
Anyone else out there with two (or more) unintended VINs?

Ok - you've brought me out of lurking... I noticed the two VINs last Friday when my delivery week went from March 25th to April 21st (currently at April 29th).

I'm in Beaverton, Oregon and have ordered a Blue Ocean SL with ETEC (with QC) and have been assigned #606 and #1573. Blink was installed last Friday as well.

Very frustrating - the chat people only know as much as my dash shows. :|

Well my Nissan dealer gave me feedback on the status of the two LEAFs in my Owners Portal which I described in April Deliveries http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2662.
Unfortunately the LEAF that I activated Carwings VIN 922 is going to Nashville. Tonight I tried to activate Carwings on the other LEAF Vin 1571 (Supposedly the LEAF I will get) on the OP but couldn't. Anyone else with two LEAFS have similar problems?

I guess I will call CS and see if they can help but...

Beachclifs quoted me above, but just to get officially on this list, I do still have two VINs at my owners portal.

And I saw this tonight on The forgotten Sept/Oct orders thread:
EvDrive said:
Which Leaf though? MyLeaf 1 or MyLeaf 2? I say this because, I submitted an ETEC Free Charger Application in March, was approved last week (Yippie) and issued a second VIN# of 1374.

Maybe we should all get together and start a new dealership. :lol:

Ray

So far it looks like we only have four " double VINs". If I am reading posts and spreadsheet correctly, all four are Ocean Blue, three of which are SL trim with QC/eTec. And, three of the four are headed to Norcal. While probably too small of a sample to draw any real conclusions, this is good news for the four people who ordered blue that will end up with the VINs not delivered to Linkim, oregonLEAF, planet4ever and EvDrive.

Anybody else out there with two VINs, but only ordered one car?

Beachcliffs said:
While probably too small of a sample to draw any real conclusions, this is good news for the four people who ordered blue that will end up with the VINs not delivered to Linkim, oregonLEAF, planet4ever and EvDrive.

As mentioned in an earlier post, one of the vehicles VIN922 (first VIN I received) is supposedly going to Nashville. Today I learned my delivery date has moved up to Apr 13. Has anyone received info (mine from dealer) where their second LEAF is headed? Also have not received notification from Ecotality about install (called them last week).

I talked to my dealer today and the way he described it made it sound like there is a difference between SL with the quick charge option and SLe. Apparently, my first VIN was the former and the one I'm getting is the latter. I thought the only difference was the price ($700 QC option included in eTec cars) but maybe there's something else?

I originally ordered an SV, and that is what my dashboard still says. After the eTec project was opened to the Bay Area I sent an email saying I might be interested in upgrading to SL-e. The response I got back said there were a number of things to consider, and I should call them if I was interested in pursuing. I read that to mean there would probably be a delay, and didn't follow up further. My suspicion is that the 2nd VIN might be for an SL-e, but neither my dealer nor CS has confirmed that. I did tell CS that I wanted the SV I had originally ordered, but I fear that may have already gone to someone else.

I sure hope they don't now give the 2nd VIN to someone else and make be wait yet again!

Ray

I now have received two VINs. My car color of White breaks the color pattern above. The order is for a SL+QC, although I was quickly accepted in the Bay Area Ecotality program when it opened up. The first one #1033 was to be delivered week of 4/22. The latest is now #1423 expected in month of July!!?!!. I think this has be one of the latest estimated dates for a Sept. order.

I have the opposite order - sort of. I was finally given a VIN but it already was assigned to another buyer, so it was two orders, one VIN, at least for a while. I activated it in CarWings but now I have no vehicle there - it was removed. Apparently both of us upgraded from the SV to SL back in February after that car was shipped, and the SV is now an orphan, so it's one VIN no orders.

Back