One year battery check -> only 4 stars in a category?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matth said:
GIBBER said:
However some states (California being one) require the service/inspection be free of charge.

Very interesting. Do you have a cite for that? If so, it would mean that battery checks are free for the duration of battery warranty coverage in CA.

Matth, I can't recall when in my 25 years of life in this industry I was informed of this but a co-worker seems to recall it having something to do with basic warranty period, which would explain the first two being free.

brg2290 said:
Nubo said:
planet4ever said:
Yes, mandatory, every year, whether lease or purchase. I think it must be done within 90 days of the anniversary. Yes, free, for the first two years, and even if you have a three year lease that means always free unless you buy out the lease. Dubious value? Not at all. The report the dealer gives you doesn't say much of anything, but the very complete report they send to Nissan is used as the basis for approving any warranty claims. No battery report, no battery warranty.

Ray

Which all seems a rather wasteful way of doing things, since the car has the relevant information onboard, AND it has cellular data communications. What's so hard about sending a few Kb of information once a year without having to schedule a shop appointment?

...like Tesla, which regularly does upgrades remotely. However, unlike Tesla, Nissan has a dealer network - with service departments - that need to generate income to justify their existence. While the dealer supplied precious little info. about battery health or charging practices, they did perform a "Free 32 point check", possibly to unearth an income opportunity. I loved reviewing the sheet where no entries could be made for items like "muffler, exhaust system, fuel filter, coolant, oil filter, air filter, etc."

The document I received from the dealership for my battery check was of little value. It states that the check was performed, and the battery checked out "OK". The service rep.said something about the report I will be mailed will go into greater detail. Is this how it worked for the rest of you? Your full report on charging habits, etc. came in the mail from Nissan?

Nope, they never mailed me anything else on either of my two battery checks. The most detailed info they give me is a number from 1-5. And almost always a 5. :)

I have not seen a print out for my first two battery checks. In fact at the second battery check Connell said there was no first check performed by Stadium Nissan.
Maybe in May I will get my first print out. Third time is a charm...

brg2290 said:
The document I received from the dealership for my battery check was of little value. It states that the check was performed, and the battery checked out "OK". The service rep.said something about the report I will be mailed will go into greater detail. Is this how it worked for the rest of you? Your full report on charging habits, etc. came in the mail from Nissan?
No.
I think your dealer was misinformed.
The dealer does have to send a copy of the five stars report to Nissan.
But they should be making a copy of it to send to Nissan and giving the customer the color original report print out.

But even though my service dealer is excellent, they have failed to do that on two of the three annual battery tests that I had performed. One time I discovered it was missing while looking over the paperwork before I drove away and went back in and got it.

Customer needs to remind the service department to give them the color printout :!: :!:

TimLee said:
Customer needs to remind the service department to give them the color printout :!: :!:

If you do fail to get a copy be ABSOLUTELY certain that the annual battery check shows up on both the work order and your final invoice (which you should receive marked $0 even if it's still a warranty item). Without the "5-star" printout those will be the only proof you have that the work was completed.

Back