Orphan Leaf Buyers!! What did you pay?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

this thread for Orphan buyers. hopefully this will help future decisions on who to go to.

did you pay over MSRP/under?

where did you buy?

After reading all the agony expressed on this forum waiting for Leafs and the NIssan process, I had no problem paying over MSRP for a Leaf right now.
It was offered by Stadium Nissan after my test drive and my purchase was completed in a couple hours.
Considering the tax credits, no Washington state sales tax, and my time, it's well worth it to me.

I'm driving my Leaf everyday and loving it. :D :D :D

well, the post is asking how much? this should allow people to make informed decisions when presented with the option to get an orphan. what is acceptable markup? how many dealers are doing this? we already have a few reports of orphan buyers who did not pay a markup at all

littlekb2001 said:
Downtown LA Nissan has 2 at 5k over msrp. What do you guys think?

dont do it. do not encourage other dealers to follow suit. i know its hard, especially if you have a delivery date that is 6 months away, but have to send a message that this is not acceptable.

Me, and Im sure a lot of others on this forum paid more than 5k over for my prius when it first came out. I'm just debating if I should be willing to do the same for an even more exciting car today...

littlekb2001 said:
Me, and Im sure a lot of others on this forum paid more than 5k over for my prius when it first came out. I'm just debating if I should be willing to do the same for an even more exciting car today...

i bought 3. the 2004 and 2006 were at MSRP. the 2010 was $2500 below MSRP as part of special purchase (received mine may 2009) and as part of the intro of the redesigned model

all 3 i had to wait for, well sort of. i was first in WA and in the top 5 or 10 nationwide to get the 2010. but i rather wait than allow price gouging

IMO it was better paying profit to a local dealership owned by an American businessman, than me paying one more penny to some Saudi Prince.
I have not purchased any gas since May 10 and probably won't for a long time to come if ever. I'm even replacing all the lawn equipment with electric. :D :D :D

JohnnySebring said:
IMO it was better paying profit to a local dealership owned by an American businessman, than me paying one more penny to some Saudi Prince.
I have not purchased any gas since May 10 and probably won't for a long time to come if ever. I'm even replacing all the lawn equipment with electric. :D :D :D

you do make a great point but if we all got together and less people were willing to pay the extra money, then maybe we would not have to pay so much

JohnnySebring said:

The last gas lawn mower I owned and used was when I was in high school. Since then, I used an electric riding mower, an electric chain saw, and electric hedge trimmers. Most people may not realize it, but a gas lawn mower/blower pollutes worse than a gasoline vehicle.

I've never paid over MSRP for any vehicle, including some that were fairly rare and in high demand, and I have no plans to ever start...

littlekb2001 said:

Back