Owners: Any regrets?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, should have been more clear. I regret red because the Nissan emblems on the front and rear are blue and I just don't like the combo much. The clear protection on the front only covers the middle half of the nose. There is a lot of exposed bumber. The cargo organizer is cheaply made. The safety kit I had assumed would be nicely integrated into the car somewhere hidden away, but it's just another bag thrown in the back taking up space.

DarkStar said:
azdre said:
...the safety kit...
My wife asked why I chose the safety kit, I told her that it was because it's Nissan branded! :D
That was pretty much my reasoning. Seriously, I know I need all that stuff, and this kit will presumably fit neatly out of sight and not rattle.

davewill said:
DarkStar said:
azdre said:
...the safety kit...
My wife asked why I chose the safety kit, I told her that it was because it's Nissan branded! :D
That was pretty much my reasoning. Seriously, I know I need all that stuff, and this kit will presumably fit neatly out of sight and not rattle.

That was my reasoning, but nope. It's just a bag of stuff thrown in the back. It won't ratttle, but it's not neatly tucked anywhere.

I hadn't thought about it before, but since I too ordered the safety kit and cargo organizer, can you decline the accessories when you pick up your car? (mine is due within two weeks)

Bill

azdre said:
... It's just a bag of stuff thrown in the back. It won't ratttle, but it's not neatly tucked anywhere.
Well, that's a bummer. At least the Prius kit velcroed to the carpet up off the floor of the cargo area.

That, and the "safety kit" is really only suitable for dressing a paper cut or stubbed toe.

Show me one with Celox, a CavArms Tourniquet, and an Israeli Bandage, and I'm guessing it doesn't have Nissan on it. :)

Hit your local Army Surplus, you can hook yourself up. :) I don't go anywhere without a real kit.

Thanks to all of you, especially the person who says they go 76 miles a day. I've been worried with my 65-mile per day commute that I'd be disappointed, but I'm too much of an idiot (optimist?) to think I'd really be let down.

That just took a huge load off my shoulders.

Lynza said:
Hit your local Army Surplus, you can hook yourself up. :) I don't go anywhere without a real kit.

Thanks to all of you, especially the person who says they go 76 miles a day. I've been worried with my 65-mile per day commute that I'd be disappointed, but I'm too much of an idiot (optimist?) to think I'd really be let down.

That just took a huge load off my shoulders.

My commute is just under 60 miles roundtrip, and it uses 1/3 of the pack each way. Still have not hit "low battery" warning yet. I charge it 100% each night, but if they offered a 90% charge, I'd go for that. Just remember that high freeway speed does kill your range.

Electric4Me said:
I hadn't thought about it before, but since I too ordered the safety kit and cargo organizer, can you decline the accessories when you pick up your car? (mine is due within two weeks)

Bill
If you're serious, I wouldn't wait to the day of, I'd ask your dealer now. Those are probably dealer install items, and if they don't install them, they might not really care all that much.

davewill said:
Electric4Me said:

Bill
If you're serious, I wouldn't wait to the day of, I'd ask your dealer now. Those are probably dealer install items, and if they don't install them, they might not really care all that much.

Well, I'm 1/2 serious in that the safety kit seems questionable based on what you folks are saying. I've seen the cargo organizer and it looks useful to me. In my cars, things that are loose don't fare well! :lol:

davewill said:
Electric4Me said:

Bill

All of these accessories are port installed and included on the window sticker when they are ordered with the car. When you ordered the car, that is what you requested. They are also available after vehicle purchase, to be installed either by you or the dealer. If you wish to decline them now, call your dealer now. The price of your car has already incorporated them in his invoice because that is how you ordered it. It is up to the dealer if he wishes to remove them and make them part of his parts inventory, which would incur additional cost on his part (for the admin work). If you are aware of all this, and approach your dealer with this knowledge, you can perhaps offer to get something else (LEAF license plate frames?) to acknowledge his effort on your behalf. Good luck!

No regrets - overall I am thoroughly loving the car! That said, the leg room for me could be a tad longer. I sit at a desk all day long, and would like to stretch them out a bit more on the drive home. If it were a long-distance driver car it would be more of an issue, but I could rectify it by modifying the positioning of the seat glides if it really were that big of a deal.

For me, the only option I got was the cargo organizer. It seemed like a no-brainer. I do all of the grocery shopping and it is handy. On the other hand, it takes up too much space. I drove down to my dealer and gave it to them with my blessings and hopes that they give it to someone who forgot to order it. I think it would work well for some, but it just didn't work well for me.

Check my post at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2048&start=40 to see how I will save over $15K in fuel over the next 10 years... NO REGRETS :cool:

thankyouOB said:
Any regrets out there for those veterans with a few days, weeks or months under your belts?
In this forum, it is the wrong question ;)

The only regret I've is I couldn't get this earlier - and ofcourse I got the eco package, even though my dealer told me it had been deleted.

Here is a more relevent question, since regret is a question of expectations. What is your expectation out of Leaf. We can tell you if those will be met or not.

Exceeds expectations. Very happy with the car. No regrets. Yes to suggestions to improve. Love Nissan for having the guts to take the risk.

I have my Leaf for two weeks now, but my wife is driving it instead of me.
JasonT said:
I regret giving money to AV.

I absolutely agree with this. I have a commute car that I ONLY drive for my commute, so it's very easy to manage the charging procedure. The 110 EVSE is completely sufficient for me.

The other thing I regret is thinking that I could have this car in the PG&E service area. It's very expensive to purchase fuel unless you make special arrangements for how you purchase electricity in this region (northern California).

My biggest regret is having only one reservation. :lol:

Deleting options from your order is not easy. It's a three-way arrangement between Nissan who has to delete them, the Dealer who has to generate a new quote/offer, and you who have to accept it. It took about four weeks to work out.

IMHO, you should take what you ordered. Trying to monkey with the car this late is going to result in problems. Some of the items are easily removed/return-to-stock, like the organizer and first-aid kit. If the dealer wants to move these from your car to the parts dept and give you some kind of store credit, that's probably the most expedient thing to do.

azdre said:
Sorry, should have been more clear. I regret red because the Nissan emblems on the front and rear are blue and I just don't like the combo much. The clear protection on the front only covers the middle half of the nose. There is a lot of exposed bumber. The cargo organizer is cheaply made. The safety kit I had assumed would be nicely integrated into the car somewhere hidden away, but it's just another bag thrown in the back taking up space.

I love the red and blue combo! It's unexpected and I don't like things to be matchy-matchy. But I realized today another reason I like blue and red together: they're my alma mater's colors! Go University of Arizona Wildcats! Beat Duke tonight! :D

Back