Paul Scott Drops $32K to Talk Electric Cars with Obama

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i rephrase my "limit 1 per person" part. (not one per household).

Dont allow dealers, or people to buy a car using the tax credit, then they simply resale the same car the very next day, keeping the tax credit, and selling the used car at almost full MSRP.

a LOT of this happened, to the first batch of volts, leafs, and even Model S. (some with huge profit markups).

ie. similar to how the state tax credit works in CA. or the federal home $8000 tax credit worked. (in 2010/11).

TomT said:
Buy and register each one to a different member of the family if it actually ever came to pass...

DaveinOlyWA said:
not to mention the dozens of 2 LEAF families around the country

but will it work when filing a joint return? actually "that" much tax liability may have other issues like AMT? . in retrospect it would be foolish to get two in the same tax year.

It's all hypothetical anyway so who knows...

DaveinOlyWA said:
TomT said:
Buy and register each one to a different member of the family if it actually ever came to pass...
DaveinOlyWA said:
not to mention the dozens of 2 LEAF families around the country
but will it work when filing a joint return? actually "that" much tax liability may have other issues like AMT? . in retrospect it would be foolish to get two in the same tax year.

Back