PeachPass Question for GA Members

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanrags

Have a question specific for Georgia members. I will be driving my car from Alpharetta to Mid-town to work using the I-85 HOT lanes. I just applied for a AFV plate (have a temp plate for now). I also have a Peach Pass. Have a few questions that I wanted some help with:

1. Do I need a special peach pass for a leaf ? Or is it just the standard one ?
2. Where on the windshield do I install it ? The apron (is it metallic ?) is very wide.
3. Can I drive I the HOT lane with the temporary plate ?

Please let me know these details, in case someone already has gone thru this process.

Thanks
VR

1. No special pass but you do have to call the Peach Pass people and let them know you have an AFV tag so they can put your pass in non-toll mode (and not get charged for having fewer than 3 people). This isn't really applicable to LEAFs, but if you had a Tesla or were very adventurous in your LEAF and traveled to another state like Florida which recognizes Peach Passes, you'd have to switch back to toll mode while you are out of state.

2. I just put mine slightly to the left of the rear view mirror at the top of the windshield.

3. I believe you can associate your temporary plate with your Peach Pass and drive in the HOT lane, but you will have to be in toll mode and pay for it. You can't ride for free until you get your AFV tag.

Back