[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
garygid said:
One submits the on-line application on the purchase/lease day.

How long does the application typically stay "Pending" before we would get your email confirming that it has gone to "Reserved" status?
Hours, one day, or more?

Garygid,

As of right now, during business hours this occurs within an hour. However, if the application is entered during the weekend, this occurs on the next business day. With all of that being said, when the number of applications increases this may take longer. While we don't expect this to be more than a couple of hours, we do want to be sure that we give all of you the most accurate account of available funding in the case that it takes longer.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify this.

David

Thanks for your kind, conscientious, and continued help.

If we sign purchase papers at the dealership in the afternoon, is there any problem with us filing the application that same morning, before we leave to travel to the dealership?

Hello Everybody,

I just wanted to send everyone a reminder for the upcoming CVRP Work Group call this Thursday, from 10:00 to 12:00pm. The purpose of this call is to inform interested stakeholders on the updates to the 2010-2011 CVRP (see agenda items below) as well as the development of the 2011-2012 Funding Plan. Additionally, the call is an excellent way to add your opinion to the public record regarding the changes to the current CVRP as well as proposed changes to the 2011-2012 CVRP.

If you are unable to call in, feel free to submit your comments or any questions you have to me ([email protected]). After the call I will post a summary of the workshop, that is if someone on this forum doesn't beat me to the punch.

Call In Information
DIAL-IN NUMBER: 888-942-9574
PASSCODE: 14383

An agenda and the CVRP Implementation Manual are now posted at:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aqip/cvrp.htm

3.17.2011 CVRP Work Group Call Agenda
Current Year Implementation Manual Revisions (30 min)
Rebate cap
Two-year lease allowance
Provisions for rental fleets and car shares
Waiting list

FY 2011-12 CVRP (1 hour)
Funding allocation
Eligible vehicle types
Luxury vehicle exclusion
Rebate amounts
Maximum funding per vehicle type
Car share set-aside
Feedback on prospective changes/other suggestions

Wow! I received my $5,000 rebate about a week and a half after taking delivery of the car! I don't believe I have ever received a rebate for anything that promptly!

I'm very impressed and just wish that everything in California was as well run!

Thanks again David!

mogur said:
Wow! I received my $5,000 rebate about a week and a half after taking delivery of the car! I don't believe I have ever received a rebate for anything that promptly!

I'm very impressed and just wish that everything in California was as well run!

Thanks again David!

Yes, they are doing a great job with the entire process!

I agree, they are getting the rebates out quickly.
Mine took about 10 days; decided to drop most of the $5k on more rooftop PV to add about 8k mi per year of photon powered driving. Spending the credit on PV and getting another 30% tax credit kinda magnifies the benefit.

We are so very fortunate to have people like David and the CCSE advocating on behalf of all Californians.
https://energycenter.org/index.php
My sincerest thank you to David and all the CCSE staff for helping CA work to a greener and more local energy policy.

Anyone call in to the teleconference today from 10-12? If so, I would like to hear any updates on the state of the $5K CA rebate and future plans.

Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

I have written up some notes from the working group call today. If you have any questions please feel free to let David or myself know.

1) CEC Update
- CEC approved inter-agency agreement with CARB on February 23rd for an additional $2 million to be added to CVRP. Funds should be added in the next coming days.
2) Current Year Implementation Manual Revisions
- Rebate Cap
- Set rebate cap at 20 vehicles per entity per calender year.
- Except for rental and car share (no cap this year)
- This is due to smaller rebate amounts
- Two-Year Lease Allowance
- CARB has elected not to allow two-year leases on Type 4 and 5 ZEVs.
- Provisions for Rental and Car Sharing
- No changes to the IM as rebates will be set at $1,500 per vehicle
- Waiting List
- No changes to the IM. Rebate amounts will be subject to new implementation manual levels.
- Comments stated that good communications to the consumers should be done. CCSE will use emails, blogs, website and other social media networks to get the word out that funds are low.

3) FY 2011-12 CVRP Draft
- Funding Allocations
- AQIP Program budget is based on $30 million.
- CVRP will get anywhere between $12-$17 million. By April the numbers will be more clear
- Eligible Vehicles
- After discussion about removing NEV/ZEM from the program, CARB has elected to keep them in the program.
- These vehicles would get a ceiling of $200,000 worth of rebates (combined)
- Luxury Vehicle Exclusion
- Discussion to set the vehicle rebate to vehicles under $75,000 MSRP
- Rebate Amounts
- Proposing to reduce amounts per rebate. Full functioning Zevs between $2,500-$3,000 with other types to follow suit.
- Car Share Set Aside
- Proposed to set aside $2 million for car share programs. The IM would set a date for the rebates and any remaining funds go back to general CVRP funds.
- Comments suggested basing this on a percentage rather then a dollar amount.
4) Next Steps
- April public workshops on AQIP Funding Plan (first workshop April 5th will be webcast)
- Proposed Funding Plan presented to CARB Board July 21st

Again, if you have any questions please feel free to contact David or myself.

Thanks,

Kyle Goedert
[email protected]
(858) 244-4877

Center4Energy said:
- Waiting List
- No changes to the IM. Rebate amounts will be subject to new implementation manual levels.
Kyle,

Thanks for the great synopsis!

Does the statement (above) mean that if people are wait-listed from 2011, their rebate amount would be determined by the the "new" amount governed by the IM of the year actually issued?

Hoping that's not the case,

Glenn

Does the statement (above) mean that if people are wait-listed from 2011, their rebate amount would be determined by the the "new" amount governed by the IM of the year actually issued?

That is the case. So if you are wait-listed, and the amount of the rebate decreases, you would receive the new, lower rebate amount.

If you or anyone else has questions or would like to submit comments, feel free to email David or myself and we will gladly forward them to ARB.

Center4Energy said:

That is the case. So if you are wait-listed, and the amount of the rebate decreases, you would receive the new, lower rebate amount.

If you or anyone else has questions or would like to submit comments, feel free to email David or myself and we will gladly forward them to ARB.
OUCH!!

David or Kyle, do you have any idea when the official decision will be made as to whether or not rebate amounts will be reduced for next FY?

If people think folks on MNL are angry now about being bumped down the delivery-date line by later reservationists/orderers, wait till they find out what might be in store for them! :eek: :eek:

Glenn

Got my rebate check today. I had sent the required papers on 3/10/11. I wanted to express my thanks to CCSE and particularly to David and Kyle. I am sure Californians buying LEAFs would be grateful for this program, which is a big factor in making this purchase possible.

I see that the CVRP fund balance decreased from $6,275,000 to 6,109,000 in the last week. That's 33 Leafs @ $5K per (assuming they were all Leafs?)

derkraut said:
I see that the CVRP fund balance decreased from $6,275,000 to 6,109,000 in the last week. That's 33 Leafs @ $5K per (assuming they were all Leafs?)

The tracking spreadsheet indicates $6,209,000 remainaing.

Bassman said:
derkraut said:

The tracking spreadsheet indicates $6,209,000 remainaing.

Now $ 6,109,429

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back