Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was cool for anyone living in the PDX area. My guess is the more people that show up the more likely they are to keep these sorts of vehicles in service. It sounds like they'll be able to not only charge your electric vehicle, but also fix repairs and a few other things. :D

the AAA has announced a demonstration morning at Portland State University’s Electric Avenue this week in order to show electric car drivers how its recovery truck works.
If you live in Portland, but don’t want to run out of charge to see the AAA’s latest weapon against range anxiety, the demonstration will take place on Friday, August 3 between 9am and 11am an Southwest Montgomery Street between Broadway and Sixth Avenue.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1078123_electric-car-running-flat-the-aaa-has-you-covered" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm trying to figure out what I would be paying for a lease price if I Lease a leaf. What fees will I see on top of MSRP?

My lease calculator is showing stuff like: bank fee, security deposit, doc fee, license fee, title fee, dealer fees etc.

gsleaf said:
I'm trying to figure out what I would be paying for a lease price if I Lease a leaf. What fees will I see on top of MSRP?

My lease calculator is showing stuff like: bank fee, security deposit, doc fee, license fee, title fee, dealer fees etc.
Since the lease company gets the full $7500 tax credit (and you might not depending on your income source and amount) the monthly interest should be less than you might expect. Not sure where auto interest rates are now compared to 9mos ago, but I haggled and got mine monthly down to ~$335 with $4k down on an SL with the CWP and a few more options.

You should also get the OR tax credit yourself. Be sure to get that release document from the company.

What's the deal with the charging station when you try to lease? They said they give you a $1k credit towards one. I don't need one, I'm plenty happy with trickle charging. Can you opt out of the charger and if you do should it make the lease any cheaper?

gsleaf said:
What's the deal with the charging station when you try to lease? They said they give you a $1k credit towards one. I don't need one, I'm plenty happy with trickle charging. Can you opt out of the charger and if you do should it make the lease any cheaper?

Check with the US Energy department and see if they still have chargers to install for free. I just met a new Leaf owner about a month ago who was able to still take advantage of that program. Level 2 charging is much easier than trickle charging (in my opinion). Its worth having. :)

GinkoLeaf said:
Check with the US Energy department and see if they still have chargers to install for free. I just met a new Leaf owner about a month ago who was able to still take advantage of that program. Level 2 charging is much easier than trickle charging (in my opinion). Its worth having. :)

I'll see, but I had the opportunity to have a Leaf for 2 weeks and didn't need level 2 charging once.

gsleaf said:
Since I had an open pair of breaker slots on my panel, I spent $50 on parts, installed a L6-20 outlet in my garage, and did the $300 EVSEUpgrade (http://evseupgrade.com/) giving me both L1 & L2 in my house. I also bought a backup 110v EVSE for $650 that stays in my LEAF.

So for about half the price of a L2 installation I have an L1/L2 at home and a backup L1 always in the car.

So I picked up a Leaf last night. The $1k is actually just a credit that Nissan gives you towards the cost of the vehicle. I got a 39 month lease (15k) on a SL for $291/month with 0 down.

Now that I have a Leaf how do I go about measuring the amount of charge the battery holds? I know there is some device I can buy, but I'm not sure what it's called.

gsleaf said:
So I picked up a Leaf last night. The $1k is actually just a credit that Nissan gives you towards the cost of the vehicle. I got a 39 month lease (15k) on a SL for $291/month with 0 down.

Now that I have a Leaf how do I go about measuring the amount of charge the battery holds? I know there is some device I can buy, but I'm not sure what it's called.

Gary Giddings GID meter is about $200. it can be bought both assembled and in a kit you put together. the assembly is easy if you can solder. soldering is pretty lightweight. instructions are very clear. there are a few other options available as well

Dave, are you planning to check out the status of the proposed DCQC at 7th & Columbia in Hood River? (posting here to be more relevant) A Plugshare user last posted it would be at least a month until operational.

Reddy

Hood River AV QC & L2 are both online and working.  It was shady, 72 degrees, but I had driven 65 mph @ 2.4 m/kWh before arriving (hills, head wind & bike rack). I went from 36% to 89% on the machine  in 22 minutes.  10.56 kWh added.  The car showed 9 bars.  I then disconnected & restarted.  I was now at 7 temp. bars, shortly after starting from 80-100%.  The car quickly went to ten bars of charge.  It stopped after 19minutes & 1.8ish kWh added for a 100% charge, still at 7 temp. bars.

Back