Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is part of the automotive instruction program. They have a number of assorted electric cars there, and I think they also received some additional funding for the EV Automotive instruction around the same time I donated my car.

Finally here! They were fantastic at Beaverton Nissan and did a very fast turnaround on my Leaf with a hassle-free sale. Big thanks to Tony, Joe and the rest of the gang there :)

'Nanook' is charging now after running around a bit this evening, so I guess 'normal' deliveries have finally started in Oregon!
:D :D :D :D :D ...

PDXLeafer said:
Finally here! They were fantastic at Beaverton Nissan and did a very fast turnaround on my Leaf with a hassle-free sale. Big thanks to Tony, Joe and the rest of the gang there :)

'Nanook' is charging now after running around a bit this evening, so I guess 'normal' deliveries have finally started in Oregon!
:D :D :D :D :D ...
Congratulations! Let's hope the deliveries continue.

BTW, did you buy or lease? I would love to see an Oregon lease example....

Wow that's great! And a pretty cool name too. I hope Nanook works well for you.

I'm motivated to ask anyone from O.E.V.A. if they ultimately chose to go with a dealer other than Tonkin Wilsonville Nissan. Basically O.E.V.A. held their May 2010 at TNW and it went pretty well but still i wasn't sure if that was the dealership i wanted to do business with. Beaverton Nissan is closer but online I'd seen some negative posts about customer experiences there. Can anyone offer insight into which dealer to place a Leaf order with?

Oliver how did you choose Beaverton Nissan? They are your nearest Nissan dealer? :)

I chose Beaverton Nissan as they are close. Less than 2 miles from my office. They didn't offer me any discounts below MSRP, but also didn't have any 'dealer prep' charges, and were great to deal with. I do understand people in the local EV community supporting Wilsonville, and I applaud all of the time and energy (and great deals) they have offered, but in the end, 'buy local' made my decision.

PDXLeafGuy said:
Wow that's great! And a pretty cool name too. I hope Nanook works well for you.

I'm motivated to ask anyone from O.E.V.A. if they ultimately chose to go with a dealer other than Tonkin Wilsonville Nissan. Basically O.E.V.A. held their May 2010 at TNW and it went pretty well but still i wasn't sure if that was the dealership i wanted to do business with. Beaverton Nissan is closer but online I'd seen some negative posts about customer experiences there. Can anyone offer insight into which dealer to place a Leaf order with?

Oliver how did you choose Beaverton Nissan? They are your nearest Nissan dealer? :)
I choose Wilsonville over Beaverton (I live in Hillsboro) because they offered invoice pricing to all OEVA members. Beaverton wasn't willing to match and actually took a long time to reply to any questions. Wilsonville replied the same day to every message.

Hello,
That's funny, Willsonville Nissan never replied to my calls or email so I went with Rustom who was fast and easy to deal with. No discounts though.

bowthom said:
Hello,
That's funny, Willsonville Nissan never replied to my calls or email so I went with Rustom who was fast and easy to deal with. No discounts though.
Two people can certainly get two completely different experiences from the same place... Kinda like looking at reviews on Amazon and seeing a bunch of 5 star reviews with a bunch of 1 star reviews! :D

PDXLeafer said:
So, who is next for a Portland area LEAF?!? dyhopper, is yours on the truck down from Washington, or are you driving it today?

It's on the truck right now. Should have it by 3pm. And, I DEFINITELY would pay a little more and buy local next time. Lesson learned.

February 2nd, 2011...Northwest Z Club

White Zombie will be on display at the Northwest Z Club meeting, where John 'Plasma Boy' Wayland will be the guest speaker.
I met John at the Portland Auto Show and he asked if I'd bring my LEAF to the event and park it next to his. Of course I agreed.

Happy to show the car to anyone interested and talk about experiences so far.

Details: 7:00pm at the Golden Touch restaurant on Barbur Blvd.
http://www.northwestz.org/events/ca...274511-3048-2906-B4379F48E0F27DCC&date=2/2/11

Hi everyone,
I recently joined the forum as I await the ETEC installation and a delivery date. Since I just 'ordered' in November seems like I'm behind most of you. I look forward to meeting other PDX Leaf / EV enthusiasts in the near future. Too bad I missed the event - how did it go? FYI - I've been working with Royal Moore in Hillsboro and they've been great so far.
Ed

Looks like the Northwest Z Club meeting went well, here is a Facebook link to pictures that the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association posted:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=271674&id=138510433019

BTW, I should mention that the next Oregon Electric Vehicle Association meeting will be next Thursday, February 10th. I'll be borrowing a plug-in Toyota Prius from Zipcar and driving it over to the meeting. Should be a lot of fun!

PDXLeafer said:
he asked if I'd bring my LEAF to the event and park it next to his. Of course I agreed.
Thanks for this invite Oliver. It was really nice to meet you and Nanook.
168442_498779038019_138510433019_6238480_4525678_n.jpg

Back