Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A week or so, Nissan updated my dashboard to reflect "week of March 31," however I've been leaving my signature to reflect the "average" of dates I've received as April 1st. Interesting to note though that the Blink website shows my vehicle delivery date as March 29th! :D

Glad to see some other Oregonians finally getting their LEAF! Mine has over 1600 miles already and I still haven't seen another one on the road.
Congrats everyone!

Well, I've got 700 miles on mine but I don't drive to Beavertown and since I haven't seen another one either, I too am looking forward to many humming about. :p :p

Maybe whirring about?

I feel very strongly that with the number of software engineer types getting Leafs, we can hack the sound the Leaf makes into the one from the Jetsons. We have the technology.

I went to meet my salesman at the dealership (Royal Moore in Hillsboro) yesterday. I like him, very nice guy. Did not attempt to screw me on trade-in value and was very helpful in giving us info on purchase vs. lease. His printout shows my Leaf here on April 8th.

I still haven't got anything from Carwings, though. I'm feeling a bit put out. Anyone know if there's an Android app for it yet?

Lynza said:
I feel very strongly that with the number of software engineer types getting Leafs, we can hack the sound the Leaf makes into the one from the Jetsons. We have the technology.

I went to meet my salesman at the dealership (Royal Moore in Hillsboro) yesterday. I like him, very nice guy. Did not attempt to screw me on trade-in value and was very helpful in giving us info on purchase vs. lease. His printout shows my Leaf here on April 8th.

I still haven't got anything from Carwings, though. I'm feeling a bit put out. Anyone know if there's an Android app for it yet?
No Android app yet, however you can access the mobile version of the owner's portal from the phone (http://www.nissanusa.com/owners/).

Anyone in the Portland area that doesn't want to wait for a LEAF might want to jump on this:
from OEVA facebook post:
------------------
Wilsonville Nissan of Oregon has a Leaf for sale on their lot right now. It is silver w/ lots of options including DC Fast Charge. The intended recipient did not qualify for financing. It is being sold at MSRP + fees. Here are the details from the salesman:

Brilliant silver, splash guards, protection pkg., floor & cargo mats, cargo net, hologram kick plates, safety kit.

Selling price $35,295.00 ( includes destination ) & DMV extra.

If you want a Leaf now, call me (Joel Fowler).
Cell 503-913-5847
Work 503-222-2277

Just wrapped up with the Blink install and it went great, no issues at all! I thought it was interesting that they decided that a separate disconnect next to the EVSE wasn't needed since it was hard-wired and they could put a lock-out on the circuit breaker.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkstarpdx/sets/72157626328012010/

I like the "Car In A Box" that ECOtality uses to test the Blink EVSE.

DarkStar said:
Just wrapped up with the Blink install and it went great, no issues at all! I thought it was interesting that they decided that a separate disconnect next to the EVSE wasn't needed since it was hard-wired and they could put a lock-out on the circuit breaker.

Here are some pictures:

Way cool! Did Joseph Hughes Construction do the installation?

Oh, and good job on the .sig update :D

DarkStar said:

Here are some pictures:

Congratulations on the Blink install. Looks like you also built a new car port for your LEAF. I'm still waiting to be notified of my Blink install date but should be soon. Guess its time to clean out my garage. Iv'e been avoiding that all winter.

healy100 said:
Looks like you also built a new car port for your LEAF. I'm still waiting to be notified of my Blink install date but should be soon. Guess its time to clean out my garage. I've been avoiding that all winter.
When we bought the house 4 years ago, the carport was in really, really bad shape! We required the previous owner to hire a contractor to replace the whole thing and I must say, the new one looks much better!

The tarp is due to some feline friends that were thinking it was their personal sandbox since we haven't had a car there for over a year now.. :)

DarkStar said:
healy100 said:
Looks like you also built a new car port for your LEAF. I'm still waiting to be notified of my Blink install date but should be soon. Guess its time to clean out my garage. I've been avoiding that all winter.
When we bought the house 4 years ago, the carport was in really, really bad shape! We required the previous owner to hire a contractor to replace the whole thing and I must say, the new one looks much better!

The tarp is due to some feline friends that were thinking it was their personal sandbox since we haven't had a car there for over a year now.. :)
Looks great darkstar. I hope you post a pic of your LEAF being charged up in its new pad.

I just got the "7 days until delivery" email this morning, so I decided to give Joel @ Wilsonville Nissan a call to see how accurate that might be. He asked for my VIN and then he was thrilled to tell me the car arrived this morning!

They'll be doing the vehicle prep today and by this time tomorrow, my wife and I should be proud new LEAF owners!

DarkStar said:
I just got the "7 days until delivery" email this morning, so I decided to give Joel @ Wilsonville Nissan a call to see how accurate that might be. He asked for my VIN and then he was thrilled to tell me the car arrived this morning!

They'll be doing the vehicle prep today and by this time tomorrow, my wife and I should be proud new LEAF owners!

Congrats! It should be exciting. Look forward to hearing your feedback! I thought I should have mine by now, but, alas, the date seems to be constantly changing. :(

Back