Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vgniphone said:
Waiting in Damascus, Blink installed and it keeps telling me to plug in my vehicle. Maybe in July....
I talked to Nissan today and I learned my car is still in Long Beach waiting to have the splash guards and other accessories installed. They said it wont be shipped until they have a train load of LEAF's headed up north so could be awhile before we see our cars.

healy100 said:
vgniphone said:
Waiting in Damascus, Blink installed and it keeps telling me to plug in my vehicle. Maybe in July....
I talked to Nissan today and I learned my car is still in Long Beach waiting to have the splash guards and other accessories installed. They said it wont be shipped until they have a train load of LEAF's headed up north so could be awhile before we see our cars.

And the following is the latest form the dealer (as of 3:30 PM May 4). I assume it applies to many waiting for their April/May delivery.

...your LEAF left LA on April 26 th on the rail and should be in the Portland yard on May 9th.I am still showing May 13th for delivery to the dealership but the distribution manager of Nissan thought it might come in a couple days early.Keep your fingers crossed ...

greenwayleaf said:
...your LEAF left LA on April 26 th on the rail and should be in the Portland yard on May 9th.I am still showing May 13th for delivery to the dealership but the distribution manager of Nissan thought it might come in a couple days early.Keep your fingers crossed ...
My date has been May 6th for 7 weeks. I sure hope your latest info is correct. But I have to wonder where those 2 cars that were delivered yesterday up in the Seattle area came from. Maybe our cars were dropped off in Portland and our dealers are just slow?

HIOJim said:
My date has been May 6th for 7 weeks. I sure hope your latest info is correct. But I have to wonder where those 2 cars that were delivered yesterday up in the Seattle area came from. Maybe our cars were dropped off in Portland and our dealers are just slow?

I hear you. Just passing the info as I obtain. Given the history with the Leaf deliveries I am not holding high hopes, just keeping the fingers crossed. Note the roller coaster ride on my Dashboard. I'm kinda getting used to it by now!

Got my first electric bill from Portland General Electric with the whole month on time-of-use and with Mikiko charging every night (28 days of service).

For those 28 days, I drove about 1,600 miles and my total bill went from $80.81 in March to $103.30 in April. I estimate I put in about 30 kWh at the Tualatin PGE charging station, about 13 kWh at work, and 12 kWh at the OMSI solar charging station. CARWINGS reports a total energy usage of 337.6 kWh, however I haven't checked my Blink yet to see what it shows for April.

At the end of the day though, I spent about $0.014 per mile assuming all my other electrical usage stayed the same. For our household, March and April are usually within 4-5 kWh, so I think we've very successfully shifted the majority of electrical usage to off-peak hours, here's the breakdown:

153 kWh (16%): On-peak @ $0.13266/kWh
152 kWh (16%): Mid-peak @ $0.075/kWh
653 kWh (68%): Off-peak @ $0.04422/kWh

The math won't add up since I'm not including distribution/transmission charges, Green Source charges, and taxes/adjustments, but should still give a good idea of what an electric vehicle might add to your bill every month.

Time to get out and drive! :D

DarkStar said:
Got my first electric bill from Portland General Electric with the whole month on time-of-use and with Mikiko charging every night (28 days of service).

At the end of the day though, I spent about $0.014 per mile assuming all my other electrical usage stayed the same. For our household, March and April are usually within 4-5 kWh, so I think we've very successfully shifted the majority of electrical usage to off-peak hours, here's the breakdown:

153 kWh (16%): On-peak @ $0.13266/kWh
152 kWh (16%): Mid-peak @ $0.075/kWh
653 kWh (68%): Off-peak @ $0.04422/kWh

The math won't add up since I'm not including distribution/transmission charges, Green Source charges, and taxes/adjustments, but should still give a good idea of what an electric vehicle might add to your bill every month.

Time to get out and drive! :D

I'm really impressed that you were able to move that much of your usage to off-peak. I have 3 full months of data now and I drive about 1000-1100 miles a month, and it has added about $20 - $22 a month to our bill. I calculated the difference for us between TOU and the regular billing, and it was about $8.50 cheaper on TOU for us, but will be WAY more than that for you. (I think we had less than 40% at off peak rates)

greenwayleaf said:
healy100 said:
vgniphone said:

And the following is the latest form the dealer (as of 3:30 PM May 4). I assume it applies to many waiting for their April/May delivery.

If you don't mind me asking who is your dealer? I'm using wilsonville Nissan and they seem pretty clueless about deliveries.

dyhopper said:
I'm really impressed that you were able to move that much of your usage to off-peak. I have 3 full months of data now and I drive about 1000-1100 miles a month, and it has added about $20 - $22 a month to our bill. I calculated the difference for us between TOU and the regular billing, and it was about $8.50 cheaper on TOU for us, but will be WAY more than that for you. (I think we had less than 40% at off peak rates)
I think where it really made a difference is that my wife and I both work during on-peak hours. While my wife is usually home by 4pm, she generally reads, knits or crochets while listening to her MP3 player and now that the sun is out a bit she doesn't even need to turn on the lights. We also shifted running the dishwasher until after 10pm weekdays and switched our laundry day from Saturdays to Sundays.

My next project is to install a 240 volt timer I have on the water heater. Unfortunately it isn't a digital timer and only has one off and one on event, but I can use it to turn off the water heater at night while we sleep. That will reduce the off-peak usage a bit.

greenwayleaf said:
healy100 said:
If you don't mind me asking who is your dealer? I'm using wilsonville Nissan and they seem pretty clueless about deliveries.

My dealer is Royal Moore at Hillsboro. Very responsive, and sympathetic!
Just got an update from Wilsonville Nissan and they informed me that my car is on its way. Sounds like our train has come in.

LEAFfan said:
Does anyone know why it takes 13-14 days to ship by train from LB to Portland? Thanks!
From what I remember, the 14 day quote is from LB to the dealership, so that includes loading/unloading time, any port holds (since they are transferred at the Port of Portland) and truck delivery timing from the port to the dealership.

healy100 said:
Just got an update from Wilsonville Nissan and they informed me that my car is on its way. Sounds like our train has come in.
In honor of my 'Week of' day, I drove down to my PD (also Wilsonville Nissan) to check the place out. I chatted with my dealer Joel Fowler and was able to find out that they are now receiving Leafs. 4 arrived yesterday and 8 more are due in the next couple of days. Alas, my car remains listed as on 'Hold' and is probably still down in Long Beach.

I couldn't resist going around the back to see if any leafs were there and sure enough I spotted 3 taking L2 charge, still wrapped in plastic. Be a good MNL spy, I recorded the VINS:

Cayenne Red - 1564
Black - 1047
White - 1218

BTW, the cars look like heck - you can tell they have been out in the elements for a while. :?

I was at Wilsonville Nissan this morning for my software update, and in talking to Bill Rush, the service director, he happened to mention that he was expecting upwards of 70 cars this month.

Awesome!

Mine changed from Week of May 13th to Week of May 10th this morning as well (Royal Moore Nissan).

My VIN is 0597. Which seems odd, as most people seem to have a VIN that is higher than 1000.

I sent Dave at the dealership an email asking him about whether he'd heard anything yet, so I guess we'll see if my car and yours are hanging out getting drinks somewhere while we pine for them.

Lynza said:
Awesome!

Mine changed from Week of May 13th to Week of May 10th this morning as well (Royal Moore Nissan).

My VIN is 0597. Which seems odd, as most people seem to have a VIN that is higher than 1000.

I sent Dave at the dealership an email asking him about whether he'd heard anything yet, so I guess we'll see if my car and yours are hanging out getting drinks somewhere while we pine for them.

My VIN is 0477 (another sub 1000 number). Hopefully Dave will confirm that both of our cars on the lot, and enjoying their drinks, electric juice that is! ;)

HIOJim said:
healy100 said:
In honor of my 'Week of' day, I drove down to my PD (also Wilsonville Nissan) to check the place out. I chatted with my dealer Joel Fowler and was able to find out that they are now receiving Leafs. 4 arrived yesterday and 8 more are due in the next couple of days. Alas, my car remains listed as on 'Hold' and is probably still down in Long Beach.

I couldn't resist going around the back to see if any leafs were there and sure enough I spotted 3 taking L2 charge, still wrapped in plastic. Be a good MNL spy, I recorded the VINS:

Cayenne Red - 1564
Black - 1047
White - 1218

BTW, the cars look like heck - you can tell they have been out in the elements for a while. :?
Sorry your car is still on hold but good to see cars tricking in. At least yours is in the states. My car is white but different Vin than the one you saw but hopefully it's one of the 8 they told you were coming in. Did the LB seagulls poop all over our cars?

I just got confirmation that my (maybe our?) Leafs have landed and should be ready by Tuesday after they finish their prep!

After the amazingly awful week I've had, it was nice to have some good news.

I saw my first Leaf in the wild yesterday. Anyone out in Hillsboro at Freddy's with a bike license plate?

Lynza said:
I just got confirmation that my (maybe our?) Leafs have landed and should be ready by Tuesday after they finish their prep!

After the amazingly awful week I've had, it was nice to have some good news.

I saw my first Leaf in the wild yesterday. Anyone out in Hillsboro at Freddy's with a bike license plate?

Just heard yesterday from Joel Fowler, Wilsonville Nissan, that my Leaf will be ready for pickup on Tuesday (May 10).
VIN#686.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back